Our partner

delusional jealousy in Spouse??

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: delusional jealousy in Spouse??

Postby Aggie78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:13 am

Hi again:
Yes, it comes and goes and varies in intensity. Never really goes away apparently. Rather than cry in response to my husband’s accusations, I finally took an aggressive, assertive approach. Every time he just hints at an accusation, I am all over it, asking exactly what it is that makes him think that, what did he see, where is the evidence and I just don’t let it go. Sure, it was fun for him to engage in these nasty accusations when he had the power and I stood there shocked and helpless. But now that he knows I’m going to give HIM THE THIRD DEGREE about why he believes something, it has reduced the behavior. Pretty sure this is not the recommended protocol especially since my husband has a lot of anger. But it’s all I can think of.
Aggie78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 am
Blog: View Blog (10)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:58 am

Aggie78 wrote:Pretty sure this is not the recommended protocol especially since my husband has a lot of anger. But it’s all I can think of.

Well... to pull a random example out of a hat, a sociopath might not be able to not be a sociopath, but that doesn't mean I have to let them sociopath at me. Ditto someone who's delusional. Just because someone's mentally ill, doesn't seem to me as a reason to take abuse, either. It's certainly not helping the mental health of the target of the delusion to have their $#%^ jumped in, is it?

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Aggie78 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:44 am

That was my thought exactly, Snaga.
Aggie78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 am
Blog: View Blog (10)