Our partner

Here we go again; DD husband

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Here we go again; DD husband

Postby Aggie78 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:40 am

We had a positive development. The day after we irrigated, he admitted that he never should have said it was a bad time for the cow buyers to come when they did. He apologized for saying it. WOW. He did this with zero prompting from me. In the past, I usually demanded he apologize for bad behavior before we “normalize relations”. I gave up asking for apologies because he never seemed to mean it anyway.
Looking back, we also had another positive thing happen on irrigation day. HE DIDN’T BRING UP ALBERT.
Why? Did he not want the “you need help” message? Has he realized it’s a delusion of his and not real?

I think one beneficial thing I did was to go watch the movie with him that night in bed, and just forget all the conflict of the day. No demand for apologies, no recap of the awful crap he said. I just let it go.
Aggie78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (8)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Here we go again; DD husband

Postby Snaga » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Considering I'm not sure he can control what he says, the dog is probably going to fall on your shoulders to take what he says and let it slide off you- not that it's easy.

I wonder how much/often it occurs to him, that something isn't quite right with the things he thinks and says.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post