Our partner

The severity of your Delusional Disorder

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

The severity of your Delusional Disorder

Postby Riffrob » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:24 am

Hey There, Folks .. I've been rediagnosed with Delusional Disorder, Persecutory type from Schizophrenia. I was wondering about severity and insight with this condition. I see and hear a great many things that all point toward my doom but I have the ability to sit on the fence, so to speak. All these things feel real and I'm sure they're engineered to warn me but the intensity comes and goes. Stress is a huge trigger. I have a good friend that tells me, "you can't trust what you think" .. my friends thought I had something slipped into my drink and I've never been the same since. I was wondering if anyone reading this has this condition but is still able to test the veracity of your perceived reality. Feelings overpower logic so I'm lost in the middle somewhere .. Thanks.
Riffrob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The severity of your Delusional Disorder

Postby Sunnyg » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:02 am

Hi Riffrob,
Welcome to psychforums... Hope you find the support you seek here as I have over the years. My symptoms of psychosis were "encapsulated" too for most of the time. It's when my sleep gets disturbed, hormones, stress, isolation, etc builds up that I get sick... Or if I fall off my medicine. I find the medication helps reduce the symptoms for me, but the memory of the false thinking haunts me. Especially memories formed at my most vulnerable states that went untreated in the postpartum for some time. I never was able to have a conversation with the physician whose touch I couldn't make sense of. Anyway, 15 years later I struggle with unrequited love... Call it erotomania, but it's lost it's mania and it isn't erotic, it sucks. It was the most profound attraction of my life. Anyway, this is about you, not me. I hope you are able to talk through the questions you have in safe ways. If you have insight, then you may find ways to reality test. Find and talk with people you can trust. Thankfully for you, the stigma is less than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Trusting my family, friends, and colleagues was always my greatest strength. They mostly wish I wasn't sick, and my family's afraid the physician would sue me if I tried to have a conversation... He's never responded to my emails. So I don't send them anymore. I write here instead...
Sunny
"I trust that if I start to fall off the ladder of life again, others will pick me back up and put me back on."
-Sunnyg
Sunnyg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Re: The severity of your Delusional Disorder

Postby Riffrob » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:00 pm

That was wonderful of you share that, Sunny. I can only imagine what you must be going through. I've read numerous stories about erotomania and it must be incredibly difficult to manage. Mine's been persecutory for maybe 10 years now .. I get all the tell-tale signs, people telling me 'you can't trust what you think' and 'it not out THERE' kind of stuff. He always tells me to have faith so what I've decided to do is to do battle with my waking nightmare. In a way, of sorts, but it's like pushing through a waking dream and building up my confidence and coping skills to manage my emotions so that I don't lose control.
Riffrob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post