Our partner

What to Do?

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What to Do?

Postby Frankie1968 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 pm

My wife is in involuntary care for psychosis with persecutory delusions, audio hallucinations and OCD. It's been 6 days and she is having a probate hearing tomorrow (monday) to determine to extend the hold. Her lawyer said if I testify for her to come home - the judge will most likely release her. However, then I am afraid any chance of her getting better is lost. Or I can testify to the delusion behaviors I've witnessed and they will probably keep her longer. However, she will feel like I've betrayed her and may estrange herself from me.

I don't know what to do.

Background
- It started about 1 1/2 years ago
- she will not seek help (believe nothing is wrong with her)
- she will not take medicine even in involuntary care.
- she is 46 yrs old.
Frankie1968
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What to Do?

Postby Sunnyg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:37 am

Hi,
Welcome, I'm sorry you are having to make such a tough decision. I'd read up on Dr. Armador's youtube or buy his book on amazon titled - "I'm not sick, and I don't need help." It's a great resource and may help give you tools you need to help your loved one get the treatment and hopefully be medicated long enough for insight to develop. The lack of awareness of illness anosognosia is tough.
Hope that helps.
Sunny
"I trust that if I start to fall off the ladder of life again, others will pick me back up and put me back on."
-Sunny Mera
Sunnyg
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)

Re: What to Do?

Postby badrollercoaster » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm

My wife has had a delusional disorder for about 5 years. Of course 5 years ago I didn't know what it was or why she was behaving the way she was. She still does not think she needs help and refuses to get any kind of treatment. I guess my point is that your wife needs help any way you can get it for her. This problem absolutely will not go away on it's own. So keeping her there to get help at the risk of becoming estranged is worth it in my opinion.
badrollercoaster
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum