Our partner

Wife has dd any help is appreciated

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Wife has dd any help is appreciated

Postby Husbandofddwife » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:03 am

In nov 2017 my wife was intently watching Fox News. We live in Seattle and was taking cbd pills for Lyme disease related issues. The treat for Lyme was negative but she firmly believed that was her malady. She suffered physical abuse and multiple rapes during her teenage years. She worked sporadically over the past 10 years and would sleep sometimes 20 hrs per day. She developed a liking for the host tucker and I began to notice an attraction when he came on the screen. While odd we have been married 17 years so I really didn’t note any special significance other than a crush. As the days and weeks passed she eventually started to make gestures to him on the tv and would lookout the window. She had passed from crush to full on in love in a matter of days. I noticed she wanted to talk to Me about her desires towards him and would go into full detail about how he could see Her and she posed nude for him. I was angry and jealous. I thought by listening it was her talking it out and it would
Pass. But it got deeper. She would go outside and wait for him. Because of a way he looked at the Screen/her. The more upset I got the more she retreated into her own world with him. She would use ky and go outside for A quickie with him. He never showed up. I tried to Explain how stupid this all was. She then Began to think he was coming in the apt at night and having intercourse with her. I asked how he got in and why I didn’t see him and she replied that he had to drug her so she wouldn’t remember him because of his fame. It was then that I realized that this was more than a fantasy. Suffice to say
That she said that I allowed tucker to come in to The room and acted as the pimp for hundreds of other men. I was shocked and either I wanted her to go or she did for a rape analysis. We drove to the hospital where the er team had the svu officer come
By to help.her story was odd to them and I told them about the tucker issue. They didn’t do a rape kit and said she was suffering with delusional behavior. We left with a referral to a shrink. She refused to go and the cycle continued with her saying .I was pimping her out to tucker and his friends. I read some on erotomania and shared it with her family. She ran out of the car in early may to find tucker and I called the police and informed them that I was very concerned blah blah. She was put into a mental hospital for two weeks. I had to testify against her to get her help. On the advice of a friend in the hospital they decided a crush is no big deal. She started to refuse my calls. I still went to see her and it was there she Told me that I had her locked up, pimped her out and she wanted a divorce. Upon release she left her wedding ring in the hospital as a sign of her hate and disgust For me. She still lives with me, refuses psychiatric help and is making my life worse than hell. She ridicules and belittles me. Demands money from petty cash. Calls me her driver. She actually kisses her iPad when tucker is on there. Talks to him like he is actually there. She has become arrogant and snobby. To prepare for her life with him. He won’t allow her to dress certain ways in public. She tells the story of her pimp husband to strangers everywhere. The weird thing is she can put together an act that fools people. She’s very pretty and is convinced that I am now Satan’s son. God does not like me. My dead parents are ashamed of me. God has appointed her to rewrite the New Testament. Etc.... every couple of days I try to speak to her. She asks if she’s on a game show or reality tv. She covered the bathroom mirror with my winter jacket for some reason. She talks about divorcing which I am fine with. Her family won’t help. Other than a cursory email. I see no end to this. We are now getting evicted because she smoked in the apt 3 times after warning. Sorry this is so long. But other than me moving and ditching her , I’m at a loss. Today I was supposed to think about what I did to her and be prepared to confess. I stay 3 to 4 he’s over at work every night. Her days are spent watching tucker and preparing for her new life. She is also A Consultant for trump Obama John McCain before and after death. She is friends with the Fox people and actually gets in cat fights over tucker. It is like living in an insane asylum

F

l
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Wife has dd any help is appreciated

Postby Husbandofddwife » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:36 am

Some additional information that may help your opinion. My wife is 46 years old. I’m 50. This was a gut punch from life. The consensus from her brothers and mom is to have her get help or let her be homeless. That’s a lot easier said then done. If I grin and bear it she gets no help and her behavior will level off or sink deeper into into this madness. I can divorce her and walk away but I wouldn’t consider doing that to a dog much less a woman I loved. There is no answer from my view. She hates me so her inability to provide for herself and lack of sanity are impossible to talk about. She thinks she is working. It’s 930 pm and I still don’t want to go inside. I miss her yet the shell is still there. I forget once in awhile at night and yell out her name to tell her it’s time to go to bed and then it all returns like a rush of pure sadness. My eyes can’t yet look at her and see the sick her. They go back and see the old her.
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:35 am

update. My wife was assessed and taken into care. She hates me for it and may hate me forever. But I can’t watch her suffer everyday. Fighting against this invisible bully that is crushing her is too much without help. She thought that god empowered her to stop cars while crossing the street. I was horrified
When she showed me how it was done, I literally got furious. This song describes the emptiness that I feel each time I have to put her in

Hey there, Mr. Tin Man
You don't know how lucky you are
You shouldn't spend your whole life wishin'
For something bound to fall apart
Every time you're feeling empty
Better thank your lucky stars
If you ever felt one breaking
You'd never want a heart
Hey there, Mr. Tin Man
You don't know how lucky you are
I've been on the road that you're on
It didn't get me very far
You ain't missing nothing
'Cause love is so damn hard
Take it from me, darling
You don't want a heart
Hey there, Mr. Tin Man
I'm glad we talked this out
You can take mine if you want it
It's in pieces now
By the way there, Mr. Tin Man
If you don't mind the scars
You give me your armor
And you can have my heart
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:07 pm

I would like to say thank you to the Seattle mental health workers and
Police that came by on a Sunday to help my wife. They went out of their way to
Make sure my wife’s civil rights and state &federal
Laws were followed. Maybe it was polite and grateful privilege. Not here to
Make a statement other than they had no idea what they we would find heading up the stairs. Maybe sir and ma’am go along way. I tried to imagine living in another place where the resources were not there.
I will never do that again.

It sometimes seems like I will never get
A break from this dd that is consuming my
Wife. It’s like a cancer that paralyzes and slowly destroys their personality. I don’t understand why certain mentally ill people are so scared by their illness and other illnesses make some paranoid and angry. I see why previous generations thought it was evil. Because that’s what it sounds and feels like. I would easily believe it was the devil.

Don’t know what our odds are in making it? I would say
10 to 15% but I would rather roll the dice on a woman I love
And fight like a junk yard dog.
I feel for all of us on this forum. My hope is that we all make it.we all win. But it’s a long road.
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:58 pm

As a side note: i have been looking into other causes for this dd appearance. My wife had a parathyroid adenoma removed in June 2017. She had elevated calcium,
Low vitamin d, low phospurus and high pth levels for an undetermined time frame. I started researching a relationship and came across a few
Surprises: this the letter I sent her surgeon

Hi dr , you removed an Adenoma for in June 2017. I wanted to ask your opinion or advice on psychiatric issues that have become severe since her surgery. has not had any lab work done since September of last year. Her pth was at 80. started to develop delusions in dec of 2017. She has extreme paranoia , delusions, erotomania. Agitation etc. she was involuntary commuted in May 2018 and was released. She has been recommitted to as of the 9 th of sept. I understand that in the majority of patients the reverse order of symptoms occur. But is there a possibility that hypercalcemia, elevated pth , or low phosphorus could be a neurobiological response or over response to her chronically out of range levels. The reason I am asking you is that I trust you.’and the psychiatric journey is definitely not as precise nor has success rates equal to your expertise. I don’t know the depth of understanding that the psychiatrist at behavioral have of neurobiological endocrine issues. I have to testify tomorrow that I believe is dangerous to her self. I can’t do that except on a short term basis without the opinion and insight of a doctor of you caliber.

Sincerely

Me

I found some interesting articles that show a
Link between psychosis ,delusions, and host
Of other psychiatric issues and hyperparathyroidism.

“It is now recognized that hyperparathyroidism ismore common than was formerly believed; hence a knowledge of its unusual presenting manifesta- tions is important. A review of four large series1-4 revealed that mental symptoms were associated with this disorder in 4.2% of 405 cases. The mental symptoms described range from vague, unexplained achesandpains,fatigueandlistlessnessunrelated toexertion,throughmarkeddepressionandpsy- chosistothedeliriumandcomaassociatedwith acuteparathyrotoxicosis.Inthisreportaclassifica- tionofthepsychiatricpresentationsofhyperpara- thyroidism is suggested.
A 64-year-old woman of Italia.i birth was forcibly brought to the Emergency Room by her family. She had, in the course of an argument, attacked her 70- year-oldhusband with astove griland had been rather violently subdued by her family. On admission she was hostile, extremely suspicious, anxious, fixed in her paranoid delusions, and occasionally violent and un- manageable. She showed depressed facies and moderate psychomotor retardation, and expressed suicidal thoughts.
For eight months she had been increasingly abusive toward her family, suspicious of their motives, fre- quently berated her husband for not working and accused the neighbours of spying on her. As a result of her behaviour, two daughters stil living at home had moved away. Hf.r symptoms had improved for two months when her husband obtained part-time work, but became even more intolerable when he returned to retirement. Concurrent with her paranoid symptoms were increasing symptoms of depression: feelings of sadness, los of energy and ambition, feelings of help- lessness and hopelessness, weight los, dificulty in sleeping, somatic preoccupation and suicidal rumina- tions.
Further inquiry revealed that she had had intermit- tent mental symptoms dating back at least 34 years
Canadian board of medicine 1941 that’s right 80 years ago. Fast forward to 2016. Same illness and symptoms

https://doi.org/10.9740/mhc.2016.11.304

There are apparently a lot of endocrine and
Other issues that mimic and give
The Symptomatic view of severe mental illness
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:38 am

Well it’s day 6 of her stay at the psych ward. I went to visit her the past 3 nights. It is truly sad that there are rules of engagement when going to see a loved one in the hospital, but not a hint of what to say or not say. She hates me for putting her in there. (Don’t blame her) it’s horrid. She wanted to know why and I told the truth which she didn’t want to hear. She had left her wedding ring there in the safe as huge fu to me and it worked. But I explained to her, I don’t want the ring back if it’s not attached to you. I asked if tucker was still in the picture. She looked offended and hurt but her reply was basically that she doesn’t think personal relationships are fair game. She offered me roommate status after stay and I said no. Your my wife or your not. I am so sick of arguing the same crap over and over. The psychiatrist there apparently didn’t read my notes on hyperparathyroidism or doesn’t care. That’s not even an issue. It feels like the whole thing is insane and I just opened the door and walked in the middle of it. I feel that I have to do the leg for her doctors and it’s not enough.
I say blessings for anybody that has or had a loved one in a “behavioral center” you deserve medals for tolerating the bs and keep going back. You are hero’s. Well that’s it for tonight. I’m sitting in chipotle because I hate the empty house. My first hour everyday is re-telling my self what happened. For some reason I always want to talk with my wife in the morning. Old habits. I just want to forget. Forget how fu my life has become. Fu because it was the worst birthday I’ve had in 45 years. Fu because our anniversary and her birthday is coming up in a week. I just know it will make me look like a bigger jerk
Than she thinks I am. I bought a card for both and they really don’t make so you have dd cards so I went with blank. Anyways thanks and keep on keeping on. (Joe dirt)
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Day 7 of psych ward. I watched a beautiful mind last night. I was scrolling through and I saw it and watched it. I felt like it was extremely accurate yet it was missing the parts for me that separate schizophrenia from dd. These are a real treat
1) ungrateful. I don’t see any hope that my wife will ever appreciate anything I do for her.
2) self promoting. I’ve never seen an illness that makes a person this egotistical.
3)my wife is becoming the type of person I’ve always hated. These patients don’t go out and hide. No no no they seek out people to tell about your evilness.
4)have no concern for others. Work etc..
5) self absorbed/self obsessing assholes disease.
That’s what my wife is now. I love her out of commitment. If somebody said yes but why do you love her? Honestly I don’t know anymore.
I called her this am on the heels of watching the movie. Her plan was visible to me like a 2nd grader. She wants me to be evaluated for my mental fitness. She is trying to roll the staff onto her side. It’s sad but I don’t want to ever talk to her again. But if she needs something I’m supposed to drop everything and help. Pay for her apt, for her living expenses,. The gall of this is unbelievable. Not to mention I’m exhausted everyday andway I can be.
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Alexicon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi husbandofddwife,

I'm sorry you're going though this. I think that people are slow to reply because they are sad to admit that they have no answer or solution to offer. But many of us are going through the same journey as you. Thank you for sharing your story--for us--and for the next spouse who finds his/her way to this board. We all learn a little bit more from each other.

I hope that you're able to keep your wife in the ward long enough for the doctors to find the right combination of medicines that might help her.

-- Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 pm --

Hi husbandofddwife,

I'm sorry you're going though this. I think that people are slow to reply because they are sad to admit that they have no answer or solution to offer. But many of us are going through the same journey as you. Thank you for sharing your story--for us--and for the next spouse who finds his/her way to this board. We all learn a little bit more from each other.

I hope that you're able to keep your wife in the ward long enough for the doctors to find the right combination of medicines that might help her.
Alexicon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:08 am

Postby Husbandofddwife » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Thank you. It means a lot to me. Most of my family is deceased. My parents died when
I was in my 20’s. All of my aunts and uncles are gone. My sister and I try to reconnect. She is in . Pittsburgh. My second cousin that Remaind has bi-polar. But this forum has become the love of my life. Thank you all for reading and understanding. It’s difficult to speak with my in laws,
They see Both sides but I can hear the wording of the responses and it’s guarded. But I understand they don’t really want to take this on.
My mother in law called my wife at the hospital. Bday wishes. I asked my mil
Later how the call went. She said “good” but xxxx feels like your bullying her. I waited for the but we know you wouldn’t do that. It never came. I decided that I would go over and be a dutiful husband and visit. I asked a nurse to monitor is in case my wife is trying to
Use me as an excuse. We talked about her life after the hospital and she said” I want to be married.hopefully this person is able to come through. I want to start my humanitarian work with him.” I asked what do you see my role as”? “the driver” she replied. I could only say “interesting”. Her plan is to leave the hospital. Call her driver. I’m supposed to pay her way to SFC and there she will get married and start her humanitarian work. The only issue I can
See “ we are still married”. She said she was tired and left the room and returned hugging and whispered your my joe DiMaggio, Marilyn’s first husband. She patted me and said good night.
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Husbandofddwife » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:22 am

Last night we had a 3 minute conversation on the phone. I don’t know if it was real or temporary. Maybe both. It Doesn’t matter, for three minutes I had my best friend back. I actually made her laugh. If she ever does come out of this I wonder If it she will remember what happended.? If she doesn’t will she just go into full delusion.? We will find out I guess. Good night
Husbandofddwife
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post