Our partner

unsure if i'm hearing voices etc

Delusional Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

unsure if i'm hearing voices etc

Postby sludgefactory » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:38 am

i'm not sure where to post this so i'm sorry if it's misplaced- but my issue is that i think i'm hearing voices, and my symptoms of paranoia have been increasing. i also think i see weird things out of the corner of my eyes like small hallucinations... for example i'll see smoke or think something is melting/dripping briefly. anyways. i find when i'm working at my job or focused on drawing it's like i'm hearing other people have a conversation in my head? i don't really hear what they're saying because i'm not paying attention.

i don't remember if this was last night or the night before, but i was laying in bed trying to go to sleep when those background conversations started up, but this time i could hear a bit better and i got a little freaked out and then it sounded more like they were talking to me, and saying "you can hear us now" over and over and it got a bit louder as it went on, until it just stopped or i fell asleep.
but i'm not sure if i was imaging it or something? it's like my brain is messing with me.
plus! i completely forgot about that happening until now because i don't regularly hear voices and haven't had anything happen since that.

it's starting to sound really crazy now that i wrote it down and i'm a lot more freaked out than when it happened. wow. ok some advice would be great! i'm going to call my psychiatrist but i'm really scared to tell him this. i have major problems actually talking to him because he's a "here's your meds your brain is fixed now bye!" kind of guy even when i bring up other concerns like having confusing disturbing nightmares that i can't determine if they're real memories or not after. if that makes sense ugh i've had a long day, i'm sorry this is a mess. thank you for reading
sludgefactory
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: unsure if i'm hearing voices etc

Postby sludgefactory » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:15 pm

can anyone relate to this experience or confirm if i am really hearing voices? :( my psych is out all month i'm getting desperate

sludge • 21 • male • queer • autistic
Dx: major depressive disorder, anxiety, OCD, [???]
Rx: 150mg venlafaxine; 50mg quetiapine

sludgefactory
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Justddrown » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:09 am

Is this a regular occurance or isolated to only several incidents? This happened to me once several months ago but I was incredibly sleeped deprived and felt conscious in this sort of trance. While I'm sure I falsely labeled it a trance, the hallucinatory experiences never occurred again. I saw you mentioned about falling asleep so it seems fair to ask if you're getting enough sleep?
Justddrown
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Postby sludgefactory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:41 am

i take a small dose of quetiapine every night to ensure i sleep at least 6 hours because without it i'm basically an insomniac. my hallucinations happen during the day too
i also hear music playing in the distance, people calling my name from far away... those are external while the stuff i posted about first has been internal. i also seem to be talking to myself internally and referring to myself as "we" like "we'll do this", kind of like i'm being instructed. sometimes it just feels like me doing it and sometimes i'm not so sure :?
EDIT: sorry forgot to answer the other part, what happened in my first post is new but i have these sorrys of hallucinations and stuff regularly for a while now but it didn't use to be this bad

sludge • 21 • male • queer • autistic
Dx: major depressive disorder, anxiety, OCD, [???]
Rx: 150mg venlafaxine; 50mg quetiapine

sludgefactory
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby star0dust » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:54 am

I have voices in my head as well and it's sort of coming to a realisation that I might have a form of dissociative identity disorder...theres another one which is osdd-1. (yes multiple personality disorder, renamed.) maybe look into that. back when I started having mini hallucinations (shadows out the corner of my eye sort of thing) my therapist had me start on vitamins (I am against medication) she had me take b complex and amino 3-6-9s. I stopped hallucinating but the voices are still there.

the biggest question with the voices is, do you hear them inside your head, (if this, DID symptoms may be something to look into) or do you hear them outside your ears (this is more characteristic of psychosis. I think. I'm no expert though)
star0dust
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Jupiter777 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I also go through periods of where I hear voices, but they sound like whisper and most of the time it's kind of hard to tell what they're saying. The reason I know they are just voices in my head is because they say really strange things like, "We're gonna kill them", and they keep saying things like "He's nervous", all the time. It made me even believe I was under some sort of investigation and someone was watching me.

I have done a lot of Crystal Meth in my past, and I have a friend who also experiences meth psychosis, which can last for some time. So after much hardship, and feeling nervous and paranoid, I finally came to the conclusion that I'm suffering from meth psychosis. It's such a difficult thing to deal with, because you start believing some of what you hear. I just know that it's in my head because I'm not a criminal nor have I ever done anything where I would need to be under an investigation.

Suffering from psychosis is a very scary thing and very complex, like sometimes I don't hear them everywhere, but after hearing it so much at my house, I started hearing it elsewhere. But I recently changed my meds around (Risperdal > Trilafon, Klonopin, Lexapro & Hydroxyzine), and that is helping me deal with all the symptoms of anxiety, depression, meth psychosis and stuff...

Just hang in there, and try different meds and see what works for you, 1 med doesn't work all across teh board, remember that. Find what works for you.
Jupiter777
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Return to Delusional Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post