Our partner

More Information on Delirium?

Delirium message board, open discussion, and online support group.

More Information on Delirium?

Postby guiltdrips » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Does anyone know of and could recommend any viable sources of information about delirium disorder?
guiltdrips
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: More Information on Delirium?

Postby kpelement07 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:52 am

Delirium or acute confusional state is a common and severe neuropsychiatric syndrome with core features of acute onset and fluctuating course, attentional deficits and generalized severe disorganization of behavior. It typically involves other cognitive deficits, changes in arousal (hyperactive, hypoactive, or mixed), perceptual deficits, altered sleep-wake cycle, and psychotic features such as hallucinations and delusions.
kpelement07
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 11, 2021 12:06 am

Postby fiftysix » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:48 am

I"ve got to say that the second post on this thread is distinctly unilluminating to a lay reader.

To the person writing the first post, i would suggest google is a good place to read. My mother has just been diagnosed with delirium and i found what i read quite helpful on wikipedia. But any government health website should give you useful information.

I must say talking to the registrar who diagnosed my mother today was helpful. I haven't read it on a link i've read yet but the distinguishing behaviour she displayed which enabled him to diagnose her so quickly was her grabbing behaviour. She grabs at things, railings, me/people and stuff. She holds on and is reluctant to let go.

He said in her case it was probably brought on by low sodium.

When i mentioned that she had a serapax habit, he mentioned that withdrawal from serapax whilst in hospital for another reason was what probably cause her current condition. He said it would take a couple of weeks for her to get better from it.

No doubt this is only one of quite a variety of different scenarios leading to this condition.
fiftysix
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue May 11, 2021 12:06 am

Postby brokenmind » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:03 pm

It is called a partial coma. Which means you are alert but your mind is partially asleep or in a relaxed state of response.
brokenmind
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon May 10, 2021 4:06 pm

Return to Delirium Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post