Our partner

Thinking causes delirium

Delirium message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Thinking causes delirium

Postby zornthro » Wed May 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Cliffs:
Thinking causes me to have mental problems. I can perform at a normal level of cognition for short periods of time but after aggravating my symptoms I have to become inactive / stop thinking or my symptoms just get worse and worse.

======

I posted in the dementia forum about cognitive problems but I think I more clearly understand what's wrong.

The problem is mental endurance. If I don't do anything all day, just sit on a couch and watch TV, I'm basically fine. However if I do anything that requires me to think, my symptoms start to come back. Besides feeling mentally tired and having cognitive problems, I get headaches on the left side of my head and start having problems seeing out of my left eye. Both of those symptoms can also be caused by lying down (I dont understand the connection).

I think I've told my doctors this in the past but one neurologist gave up on me and the other seems to think there's nothing wrong with me at all, based on the one fact that I'm doing relatively fine in college.

edit -- If it matters I sleep ~11 hours a day. I have trouble getting to sleep and getting good sleep.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue May 11, 2021 5:00 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Thu May 21, 2009 11:18 pm

How long have you been living this current way of life? I mean, sleeping for such long hours? You are perhaps at a point where you have forgotten what it is like to be an active person/spirit (i.e. - you have become too familiar with your present way of life and will resist change at all costs).
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re:

Postby zornthro » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 am

Chucky wrote:How long have you been living this current way of life? I mean, sleeping for such long hours? You are perhaps at a point where you have forgotten what it is like to be an active person/spirit (i.e. - you have become too familiar with your present way of life and will resist change at all costs).
I've been sick for almost two years. I'm not always inactive, though physical activity itself makes me feel really bad, like I get headaches. I still try to live my old life. Recently I started my summer job (took a while for paper work). I like work, actually.

I have definitely discovered something though, on accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomic_hyperreflexia

This has definitely happened to me, three times I think, the third time I even had a blood pressure monitor. In fact it's what has defined my problem, everything went bad after it happened the first time, probably because of lifting weights. I was never fine afterwards, even after I quite lifting weights. I remember trying to tell this to doctors and they could never figure anything out.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, hopefully something can improve if I see a doctor again.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Re: Thinking causes delirium

Postby Chucky » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi,

To be honest, I know absolutely nothing about that disorder. Strangely-enough, however, I also discovered Asperger's Syndrome by 'accident', and that has revolutionised my life (in a positive way). I urge you to see your doctor again (or a different doctor) to see what they say. You shoul raise whatever it is you feel is wrong with yourself, including this new-found disorder.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Head position

Postby zornthro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Sorry for being crazy ADD about the topic but I had another thread asking about blood vessels supplying the brain, and I think this is spot on. I totally have my head in a position now that gets rid of all the headaches and I'm thinking very clearly. However, the symptom where my left arm becomes week appears to be present. It is also difficult for me to talk (physically because of my neck, not neurologically). My head is tilted down/forward and rotated diagonally left.

(I noticed a couple days ago that if I tilt my head down my headache that I get in the morning starts to go away, tilted to the left, my left hand starts to become week so I kept it in the middle mostly, but where it is now I can think very clearly. I also noticed during the past week or so that whenever I'm out walking I can tilt my head down and it helps significantly. It took a good 5+ hours keeping my head in this one position before my head "cleared up", the only instant change was a reduction in my headache that eventually went away.)

What should I do?? I cant see the doctor tomorrow because he's off, but I'm thinking about going downtown and finding another doctor randomly. I cant maintain this at work because people would start to think something strange. Do you have any idea what could be wrong?? The back right side of my neck feels really stiff and if I swallow I can feel my adams apple press against the bottom of my throat.
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi,

I wouldn't feel comfortable conjecturing what is wrong with you, and I hope that you understand why I therefore won't be making any suggestions. When will yuor usual doctor next be available? - Monday?
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zornthro » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:17 am

yes
zornthro
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby jandilee » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:10 am

Edited by mod - spam
Last edited by WichitaLineman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam
jandilee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Delirium Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post