Our partner

why do you cut where you cut? TRIGGER

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

why do you cut where you cut? TRIGGER

Postby calliton » Fri May 18, 2012 6:39 am

hey all, im a little curious as to why people cut where they do (or used to). im not asking for details on how you cut, i dont think anyone would want to hear that, we would all worry alot.

I just want to know why people choose the places they cut. for instance, i only cut my legs, i feel its because, as much as i speak out against it, I live in fear. fear of people seeing the cuts, fear of ######6 up again, fear of just not being good enough.

anyone else wanna share?
like... boo, man
calliton
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: why do you cut where you cut? TRIGGER

Postby xXvampiregirlXx » Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 am

i cut my thighs because its easier to hide..

i would cut my arms if i thought i could trust not being caught. if its really bad and i have no space left on my legs, i cut my chest.. i tried cutting down my side but i didnt really like that coz i couldnt go very deep..i have cut arms before but, idk, i just accept that i kinda cant.even though it'd be better..
sometimes things dont work out the way we planned, to live is just to fall asleep, to die is to awake
xXvampiregirlXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 am

Postby gratteciel » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

I, too, cut my thighs because it's easy to hide. Sometimes I cut my hips, too. I started on my arms when it was cold and I could get away with long sleeves, but I had to switch.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
-Albert Einstein
gratteciel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Postby Red.Raptor » Fri May 18, 2012 1:00 pm

I used to cut on my arms because I didn't care if I got caught. But i'm not as reckless anymore. I've been cutting my thighs lately because its easy to hide. I got caught anyway but only because i was being honest about it. I'm scared that the rest of my family will find out, so I have to hide it. They would look at me differently if they found out. Like i'm broken or something.
Little Angel, go away, come again some other day.
The Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say.

Schizoaffective - Bipolar type
Red.Raptor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby flowingtears » Fri May 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Mostly my arms, simply because it seems more satisfying and they're easier to bandage.

I've been cutting my legs lately though, because one of my arms isn't healed yet, so needs a bandage on it all the time, and I don't want to cut the other arm, because having bandages on both arms makes showering difficult.
~The Official Crazy Cat Lady
flowingtears
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:01 am
Blog: View Blog (34)

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Fri May 18, 2012 2:10 pm

I also used to cut on my thighs as it was the easiest to hide. I dreaded anyone finding out (or knowing that I was currently cutting even after they found out). I had cut on my arm a few times & I did prefer it but I had too much anxiety about trying to keep it hidden with long sleeves because there would be times where long sleeves looked out of place - & then I would constantly fear my sleeve inching up & my mother seeing it.

I've stopped cutting for awhile now & my mother knows that as I've discussed with her not too long ago. (What an awkward conversation.) I wear shorts now when I'm walking around the house & I swear I always feel her eyes move down, as though she's trying to see if there are any new cuts there. The scars are not visible unless I'm in the shower, which I'm grateful for, as I would never wear shorts if they showed easily. Anyone else notice that water tends to make the scars show more? Or is that just me. They glow purple & show. :?

- EGD.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby spike » Fri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Sorry to question this thread guys, but is this thread not at risk of giving others ideas of where to cut and even turning into a competition of who has cut in the most places.

Sorry just felt the need to express my concerns!
spike
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Red.Raptor » Fri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm

While I appreciate your concerns personally spike, this thread has been nothing but for lack of a better word - professional about speaking about where they cut. So I personally don't have an issue. But I see where you're coming from and I too would hate for it to turn that way.

I don't think you've got to worry about giving people ideas as they're probably smart enough to figure out they don't have to cut their arms if they don't want to. Just my 2 cents.
Little Angel, go away, come again some other day.
The Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say.

Schizoaffective - Bipolar type
Red.Raptor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby allalone004 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I used to cut on my lower leg in the winter, because it was easy to hide, but once the warmer weather came around I moved up to my thigh and then eventually my hip. I have never cut on my arms or wrists because I get hot a lot so long sleeves would be torture and also because I would be scared of getting caught. I can still wear shorts, though, because the scars on my legs are barely visible, but the ones on my thigh can be noticed (I was a wuss when I cut my legs but got pretty intense when I began cutting on my thighs). So, yeah.

And spike, I don't think it's a big deal as long as we aren't advocating cutting. I respect your point of view, though, and appreciate your concern. Hugs

AA
"Beauty is only temporary, but your mind lasts you a lifetime." -Alicia Machado

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” -Maria Robinson
allalone004
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby EarlGreyDregs » Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm

To your concerns Spike - I think the thread is okay the way is right now. I don't think it would give others ideas as so far everyone has been stating the same type of common areas that we are all aware of. We will watch this thread of course & make sure it doesn't turn into any sort of competition or something similar.

I've had similar concerns about the "how do you feel about your scars" thread but I think everyone is mature enough to handle these convos. At least I hope so - don't let me down people!

- EGD.
EarlGreyDregs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (7)

Next

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post