Our partner

why do you cut where you cut? TRIGGER

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Re: why do you cut where you cut? TRIGGER

Postby ldscutter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I agree that it can be triggering, but at the same time I think that people who are on this site probably know the ropes to SH....so ya to answer your question I SI on my stomach/thighs usually in word form...It's easy to hide because I never really go swimming or wear revealing clothing. I have had problems with eating disorders and so it's my least favorite part of me. That's why.
ldscutter
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Cheze2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am

My favorite place to cut is on my forearms. It provides me the most relief and is almost a spiritual experience for me. No other place that I've ever cut has ever been as deep or as much. Now that I work in the mental health field, I have moved away from there and onto my thighs because it's easier to hide. It doesn't provide me with the same relief, and it's usually extremely superficial. I've also cut on my stomach, upper arms, and calves. I've never been one to cut words or symbols onto myself, just straight lines.
Bipolar I with Psychotic features; Borderline Personality disorder; GAD
Today's cocktail is: Quetiapine 100mg; Latuda 40mg; Trilafon: 8mg
Forum Rules
"No matter how long the night, the dawn always breaks" -African Proverb
Cheze2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby OMGItsRheRhe » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:29 am

With nearly a decade's "experience", even though I hate to use that term but will for lack of a better word, I can say I've cut on various parts of my body. The two main areas I self harm are my arms, from wrist to elbow, thighs and the lower portion of my inner legs above my ankles. I had stopped cutting on my legs until just recently when I ran out of space on my arms. Now it's the only place I want to self harm. It's so easy to pull the skin taut there and inflict as much damage easily as you want. My pattern is normally two rows of multiple cuts with words in block form every now and then. I mainly pick apart myself on my skin using the same adjectives I feel about myself - "ugly", "fat", etc.

Hopefully this isn't too triggering because that's not my intention at all. It just feels almost relieving to talk about this with others that share a similar coping mechanism, if you wish to call it that.
OMGItsRheRhe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Postby supressedemotions » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 am

I mainly cut on my forearms, they are a mess of deep scaring that will probably never fade. I hate the way my arms look and am dreading summer this year. Ive also cut on my legs and upper arms. I am discusted with what i have done to my body but still cant seem to stop :cry:
Be curious,
Not judgemental
supressedemotions
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby cfit60 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm

I cut my arms and legs and they are scared for life. I don't care if people see my scars anymore. Each scar tells a story of my painful past, present and future existence. The best place to cut and feel the pain and endorphin is the arms, but the upper legs are easier to hide the scars.

I hope you don't cut yourself and if you haven't cut yourself yet or just started PLEASE DON'T CUT! I wish I never started cutting myself. I started at the age of 11 yrs. old and I've been cutting now for over three decades! I'm seeing a therapist and I'm working on not cutting. It's just as addicting and as difficult to stop as smoking. My therapist had me sign a contract where I didn't cut myself for the week. I didn't make it and I felt guilty and like a failure, so I ended up cutting more than usual. I will never sign a contract like that again. My goal is to eventually stop self harming myself. It's going to be difficult, but I can do it and so can all of you!

One day at a time...
"What lies before us & what lies behind us are tiny compared to what lies within us". Emerson
cfit60
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Saxen » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:38 pm

The majority of my scars are on my left forearm. The first time I cut it was out of uncontrollable frustration, I didn't even think about where I was doing it. I continued to cut there out of habit, and when people started noticing I cut my back and my upper left arm, but it wasn't the same.

Now I couldn't give a $#%^ about people seeing my scars/cuts most of the time, they've been a part of me for half my life and I'm trying to be more open to talking about it, as long as people ask intelligent questions.
Saxen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby cfit60 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Saxen,

Most of my cuts, especially the initial ones were all out of rage and frustration. Now I have an uncontrollable urge to cut. I see images of me cutting myself with blood everywhere and I also see me cutting my own thoat! I hear voices telling me to cut and I do. I'm losing my freaking mind! It's a small comfort knowing I'm not alone, but I sure wish I was. Cutting sucks so good...

Charles
"What lies before us & what lies behind us are tiny compared to what lies within us". Emerson
cfit60
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby somekindamillie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:58 pm

i started out cutting my forearms, not for any particular reason i guess... when people found out about my SI i started cutting my thighs and stomach. now i cut wherever i feel like cutting. i mean, i've got hundreds of scars so it doesn't really matter anymore :/
Dx: Borderline personality disorder, depression, anxiety
Currently taking: 50mg Quetiapine

“I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.”~ Audre Lorde
somekindamillie
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Ekaetriana » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I guess you can say I'm a newbie "cutter." I haven't really been into it until recently when the tools became availible. Up until now it has been other forms of self harm, mostly swallowing things that should not be swallowed.

I prefer to cut on my arms as it is easier but I can't, so I find more hidden areas like my thighs, stomach and breasts. The largest cuts are on my legs, and not many of them at that. On my chest and stomach I cut in patterns like Xs and crosses and triangles and flowers, like I'm drawing. Most of my cuts are more like scratches- superficial and will go away. I think only one of them is deep enough to be a scar.

I wish I could cut deeper and make scars, but I realize that's just ridiculous, I shouldn't be cutting at all let alone start cutting deeper.
ME
(tied up in the corner, not allowed to come out)

Myself
Sweetness-cuteness-shy-immature-reckless-fearful

I
The Leader - take control - stop the bad things - protect - speak for the others

Mirror - Our Friend Bunny

Ɯσя∂ƨ мɛαи ɛʌɛяʏтнιиɢ тσ мɛ
INTP - Introversion Intuition Thinking Perception
Ekaetriana
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Postby Winterblue » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:53 pm

I cut on my wrists as the release of pain for me is better if I see it's coming from my veins...
Winterblue
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post