Our partner

The New Crisis Thread

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy, weepingwillow

Re: The New Crisis Thread

Postby weepingwillow » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:18 am

Snaga wrote:Try to distract yourself and I know you already know, the longer you can go without it, the easier it gets- at least that is how it works for me. I used to SH a lot (minor but frequently) and once I'd broke myself just a little, it'd get a lot easier to not go right back to it.

Yeh I hear wat ur saying. It deffo is easier the longer I can 'put it off'. I'm trying everything I know rn to distract myself but so far I just can't get the thoughts or images outa my head. I will continue to try tho

Willow
Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
weepingwillow
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (9)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:25 am

If it's safe, go for a walk? Sit out back? Watch a movie, watch some YouTubes, play something you like really loud and sing along. Something anything. Hugs, if wanted.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby AndromedaHorse » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:44 am

Posting for the first time on this site and forums in general. Don't know what to say except time is going really slow while my brain keeps on racing. It feels as if I am on constant rollercoaster of emotions and I am scared to feel anything. I prefer feeling emptiness but even then, the pain persists somehow. I don't have strong urges, yet I keep relapsing for some reason. It's not too bad, but it's not good either.
AndromedaHorse
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Postby Snaga » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello and welcome! Self harm brought me to PF, as well.

Well, it's never good, but Not Bad is a darn sight better than Bad. So that's something.

I sometimes find my thoughts racing as well, I have to distract myself with watching something.

If you do do a bad SH then take good aftercare. Best to try and keep it light if you can you know that. Try and be kind to yourself.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:30 am

Previous

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post