Our partner

Why should I live

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy, weepingwillow

Why should I live

Postby BelleCat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:53 am

I don't feel like explaining.Sorry.I just get right into whqat's going on now.My therapist told me to call him if I had any suicidal thoughts.But I don't think he'd believe me if I haven't done anything yet.I'm so tired.I'v been thinking about it for years now,but never had the guts to do more than self harm.But I think I should do it now.I feel useless.
BelleCat
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:56 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why should I live

Postby Snaga » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 am

Obviously I'd prefer you not...

BelleCat wrote:Why should I live

Because there is no alternative. That is to say, there's no viable alternative that you can undo. When there's life, there's hope, they say. Things can always get better, but we have to be alive for that to happen.

For what it's worth I've been in a bad headspace lately, so I empathise. I've been doing a little more ideation than is normal for me. Still, don't really want to die. Not sure any organism really wants to, unless it's in unbearable physical pain.

I am reminded that you're a poster in OCD- well you know then, that ideation is our 'thing'. It's what we do... but some times are worse than others.

Hang in there and let us know how you're feeling.

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 am

Postby BelleCat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Snaga wrote:Obviously I'd prefer you not...

BelleCat wrote:Why should I live

Because there is no alternative. That is to say, there's no viable alternative that you can undo. When there's life, there's hope, they say. Things can always get better, but we have to be alive for that to happen.

For what it's worth I've been in a bad headspace lately, so I empathise. I've been doing a little more ideation than is normal for me. Still, don't really want to die. Not sure any organism really wants to, unless it's in unbearable physical pain.

I am reminded that you're a poster in OCD- well you know then, that ideation is our 'thing'. It's what we do... but some times are worse than others.

Hang in there and let us know how you're feeling.

Thank you for your kind response.I'm surprised you remember I'm dealing with OCD.It's been a long time since the last time I posted in this forum.I'm actually feeling much better now.
Snaga wrote:For what it's worth I've been in a bad headspace lately, so I empathise.

I hope you get better as well.Thank you.
BelleCat
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:56 pm

Postby Snaga » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:28 am

I always check to help remember what issues there are... I was a little easier, seeing you'd posted to OCD- we ideate suicide copiously, after all. And I don't worry as much with OCD, because as far as I know, no one from OCD here has ever taken their own life. We think it more than we do it.. which is a good thing!

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Tell someone today that you love them; for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon; for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 am

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post