Our partner

Cutting addicton?

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Cutting addicton?

Postby nikkibell » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm

I feel like cutting is my addiction... I haven't cut in a little over 3 months and have been having really bad urges to do so lately....i feel like no one i know understands even though they want to help. I guess I'm looking for maybe a self harm "sponsor"? Like they do at AA meetings? someone or a group i can go to in crisis and just say "I need a meeting" and have someone to talk to. idk...its just something i was thinking of that could benefit a lot of us
nikkibell
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Cutting addicton?

Postby Snaga » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:19 am

That is what we're here for- peer support. We have a how you're feeling thread, and a crisis thread- in addition to any threads you make.

I don't know if there is any kind of self harm anonymous, or not- like AA, GA, NA, etc. The nature of this forum, we're limited to forum and instant messages (forum privacy/anonymity rules would prohibit sharing Skype, Discord, etc)

Three months is pretty good- what do you think is causing this increased urge? Extra stress going on in your life atm?

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:09 am

Postby nikkibell » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Ive started the process of going back to school. college isnt something ive really thought about before. Ive made a lot of positive changes in my lifebut i feel like im sliding backwards
nikkibell
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:09 am

Postby Snaga » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 am

Sounds as if that might be what's triggering it.

I mostly have my self-harm under control but sometimes it's just too tempting if extra stress is on me. Even if it's not something extreme.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:09 am

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post