Our partner

Tips to hide self harm scars?

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Tips to hide self harm scars?

Postby Shortd99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 am

I’ve previously self harmed, I got drunk and hadn’t done it for so long, I had an argument with my ex girlfriend and it turned sour; ended up self harming and being drunk I went through some nerves and it left *mod edit* really nasty scars, they’re around 3 months old and bio oil isn’t fading them... how can I hide these? I’ve started gym with friends and it prevents me from swimming or even getting a t shirt only on.. *mod edit*
Last edited by Snaga on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no photos, please- also please avoid specifics on number of cuts, how deep, etc. thanks
Shortd99
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Tips to hide self harm scars?

Postby Shattered Mind » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:24 am

The only way I found to effectively hide my scars was with clothing. I don't know if I have just been fortunate or if all gyms are like this but I found that the gym at school and the one I belong to now to be somewhat on the cool side and I've always been comfortable wearing long sleeved shirts while working out. The pool is different problem. I've gone from wearing swim shirts to quickly getting into the water and staying there (nobody can see much underwater) to just not caring.

The good news for you is that your scars are only 3 months old. They may not seem like they are fading but I'd give it at least a year before giving up on that. I never seriously tried using any products to fade my scars but others have, and most that do report some success. I'd keep applying the bio oil for at least for the first 6 months if you felt it was helping you.

Take care,
S
Dx: Recurrent Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Shattered Mind
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Re: Tips to hide self harm scars?

Postby Forum333 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi. I know how awkward it is to hide self harm scars. I had to show them when I was in the military in a bathing suit. I felt uncomfortable. Then, I was asked to be in the local swim club. I felt like I was always showing my bad side. Now, people were able to see me in my self-harmful ways. I finally got discharged from the military. I threw away my swimsuit and i may never wear one again. I keep knee-high shorts and tank tops to wear for the summer. If someone asks me to go swimming then I tell them that I don't have money or time to go to the swim meet. I was really upset about it. Even though I am a good swimmer, I have to move on with my career and make time for other things in my life that are more important.
Forum333
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post