Our partner

Telling counselor about suicide?

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Telling counselor about suicide?

Postby Pseudo Name » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am

I just question the purpose of this as if I really wanted to kill myself I would not tell them as if you tell them that would seem like you are not really suicidal. I kind of felt guilty with my last appointment as I always like to be honest I got around it as last week she only asked would I be safe for the rest of the day so I was able to answer yes. However I think what she meant to ask would I be safe until my next appointment which I am not entirely sure of as if my final year presentation goes badly later this week I am not sure if I will be safe, in fact I would like to think if I fail at college I will kill myself although I doubt I could /can go through with it. Think is even if I told them this it would have been counter productive as if they tried to make me go inpatient then that would mess up college anyways as you can't postpone the project. So if that happened I feel it would just go from me having a slim hope at life with passing the project to no hope at life as there is no way I will live without college. Also just to add I have told that counselor that I would like to think I would kill myself if I failed an exam I just didn't tell her I had this presentation on this week. They wanted me to the see the college health services and gave me a letter to show them which said I was at a moderate risk of suicide which felt odd to read then and still is now.

So should I mention this to my counselor if I see them at the end of the week? I am just afraid they would overreact and then doom me in the process.

Also sorry if this is inappropriate, I think this is within the guidelines but not entirely sure.
Pseudo Name
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Telling counselor about suicide?

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 pm

For me, thinking about suicide if this bad thing, or that bad thing, happens to me, is I think, mostly just a desire to escape my anxiety. I mean, I ideate suicide a LOT. But, I'm still here, you know? I don't really pay much attention to those thoughts, they're often there, just so much background chatter.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Postby simonr1978 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 am

I think the fact that you're asking at all if you should mention it to your counsellor suggests that you probably aught to. I had a moment like that about a year ago, it never occurred to me to ask permission, so if you have any kind of doubts or concerns I think you should speak to a professional.
simonr1978
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Sarandipity » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:16 pm

I think it's better to talk about it. I was looking for somewhere on this site that is for suicide but I can't find any specific place.
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Snaga » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:06 pm

This is the correct forum for talk of feeling suicidal...

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post