Our partner

Accidents or how do you tell?

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: lilyfairy, Snaga

Accidents or how do you tell?

Postby Windsoar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Have been having a hard time lately. Good days / really bad days. Not bipolar. Noticed today doing dumb stuff resulting in minor injuries. Immediately after think *that was dumb*. Like...poured boiling water out of pan on dishes in sink which splashed onto our hand. Stupidity, early onset senior moment, inattention or something else? Just day before grabbed bath handrail after applying body oil. Hands still oily, slid down hit our tub side & hurt rib. I know better. Or could this be a backhanded way of accomplishing SI? Thoughts have come back lately but know better have safety plan with T. Familiar to anyone else?
Windsoar
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Accidents or how do you tell?

Postby birdsong87 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:27 pm

are you feeling present when these things happen?
I tend to mildly dissociate and I just get thoughtless/I don't sense my body well enough to predict what will happen. Especially low body awareness leads to a ton of small injuries that weren't planned like that.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
our blog on resources: https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 am

Re: Accidents or how do you tell?

Postby realityhere » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:50 am

Dunno about you, but my husband has accidents due to his ADHD. Impaired executive function can cause a person to become distracted and not pay close attention to a task. Depression/ anxiety often accompany those with ADHD as well and can lower body awareness.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 am

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum