Our partner

Relapse?

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Relapse?

Postby IronMaiden137 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 am

Hello, to make a very long story short I first started cutting a couple months ago during a very stressful time in school. I already go to therapy and I immediately told my therapist when i started cutting. But I thought it would be a temporary thing and at the appointment after the one I had first mentioned my cutting, I told my therapist i stopped and it was only a one time thing.
Unfortunately it continued for months and I realized the real reason behind the start of my self harm was because of anger i had been bottling up due to abuse from a member of my household and not just from a difficult time in school. my therapist already knows about this person in my household but i havent told her about my cutting in months and how bad it had gotten, for a while it seemed like i couldnt stop myself, but luckily this member of my household left for a period of time and i didnt cut myself for almost a whole month, i thought that it was finally over but unfortunately this person returned a week ago and after a few interactions with them, i lost control today and did more damage to myself than usual. I am in no danger, i cleaned myself up etc. but unfortunately the cuts are now in very visible places that would be awkward and difficult to hide, so I know that i have to tell my therapist and honestly i want to because i want to get help, but i'm scared of losing her trust after lying to her. How should i go about telling her that ive been doing this secretly for months? (sorry this is a bit long)
IronMaiden137
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Relapse?

Postby Sjord » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi
I'm sorry you are struggling and that this person causes you so much pain.
I don't think you need to worry about telling your therapist, it's her job to deal with this. It's good that you want to tell her and I'm glad to hear that you are pro getting help. If you feel that you have trouble getting the right words out when you tell her, or that you're like me who freezes up when anxiety hits, my advice is to write down what you want to tell her and either use that as notes or simply give her the paper.
Sjord
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post