Our partner

Being in control

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Being in control

Postby Torturedgirl1979 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:34 am

People dont understand i cut because if im getting emotionally abused, id rather feel physical pain. And this way I can be in control of something, because obviously I have no control of anything else. Does anyone else fewl like this, i have no idea y people look at me like im from a different planet when I explain it like this. My problem is that i care about people way to much and i give them my all. So when they hurt me i find a knife..its just easier that way. No im not crazy. But people will think I am just for this
Torturedgirl1979
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Being in control

Postby Snaga » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Having control over something, sure I understand. If anything, I've noticed there's all sorts of reasons I self-harm. Sometimes it's one thing, sometimes it's another. In the end, I think we get hooked on it, and that makes it hard to stop.

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Re: Being in control

Postby ArchCannon » Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 pm

I just wanted to hop in, because I can relate to you on a few levels. First off, I had people thinking me crazy. It's not a big deal if you don't make it a big deal yourself. What I'm trying to say is that if people know you and think you're crazy it means they don't deserve your acquaintanceship. If strangers told you this, then you shouldn't really care.

I am emotionally abused too. I know you feel in control when self-injuring, but ask yourself this:
Is this really the way you want to use your control?
Why not use your in-control position towards something better? You are in control after all, so stop using this control so poorly.
They have something to believe in, and that is all they need.
It's not that much. But it's also everything.
ArchCannon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:34 am

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post