Our partner

Should I go to the hospital? *TW*

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Should I go to the hospital? *TW*

Postby OhNoNotAgain » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:44 pm

When trying to get off to sleep, I keep having visuals of bad things (eg my car being driven off a pier, scary people with scary expressions, murder). last night I was woken by one after only 2 hours of sleep. I couldn't get back to sleep because they kept on coming everytime I started to doze. Can't sleep during the day because every little noise now awakens me. I'm very restless and agitated and are unable to de-stress. Alcohol is not providing any relief. Something made me snap yesterday and I had lapse in judgement. I have not been able to cook the family meals for the last 2 days as I cannot focus. There is too much noise in my head and too much repetition of meaningless trivial thoughts and activities. I am sick of revisiting things that happened decades ago. I feel like overdosing on Tryptanol. I want to take a trip to get away and relax but have become fearful again of going outside.

I stopped seeing Psychiatrist over 12 months ago because I felt I was boring him.
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added TW
Dissociative Disorder
C-PTSD
Socially Avoidant
Possible Psychosis
OhNoNotAgain
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Should I go to the hospital?

Postby Jellybeanery » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Based on this-

OhNoNotAgain wrote:I feel like overdosing on Tryptanol.

I would suggest yes. Nobody likes going to the hospital, and it's usually the last resort, but if you feel you are a danger to yourself, going to the hospital would be the best option.
Bipolar I | GAD
Lamotrigine - 400 mg | Clonazepam - 1 mg

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: Should I go to the hospital?

Postby priscgrove » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 am

You clearly need to see a psychiatrist and get new medication and get set up with therapy... Hospital is your best and only real option... force yourself to get proper help
priscgrove
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Re: Should I go to the hospital? *TW*

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi OhNoNotAgain,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Lots of people in this forum have been through similar things and we know how difficult it is. Please reach out to your local Suicide Prevention Hotline or a health professional immediately! You can find US hotline numbers here and international ones here. This is a forum for general support, we can't give professional help, which is what is needed right now. That's why this thread is being locked- this isn't the right place to get such critical help. Please try to keep yourself safe.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (113)

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum

• Related articles
    Replies