Our partner

HELP! PERSONAL ISSUE THAT IS CRUSHING ME

Open discussions about Cutting and Self Injury. This forum may be triggering.

Moderators: Snaga, lilyfairy

Re: HELP! PERSONAL ISSUE THAT IS CRUSHING ME

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Smurf. I know people are tryinging to help me. But l am no longer allowed alcohol. My head Is in a black hole..my motivation to do any has gone. My eating is poor and l recently spent 2 weeks in hospital with. Then I had to come back here. But now l don't get the alcohol. I'm smoking more. Last week l l wanted to drive my chair in front of a moving lorry. I wish l could go to bed and not wake up the next day.

On top of all this, having rested my sore shoulder whilst in hospital and then coming back and starting to use the arm again. It is getting too the point where l can't eve move without pain and painkillers don't have any effect.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Snaga » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 am

I'm sorry to hear about the cider. Did they give a reason why, and are they able to enforce this, under what reasoning?

Life is short- make of it what you can, while you can.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Sorry for my absence. My life has been s*** for quite a while, but l needed to come back as my life has become a nightmare financially in the past couple of months and a member of the care staff here at the home seems to have been taking money out of my bank account by stealing my debit card. it is contactless, so she didn,'t need the PIN, l've been having to borrow money from the people on reception in the home and then having Mum pay it off. That was 359 pounds. Then l had a debt to Mum for 160 pounds. She is going to get the money to clear that. she has power of attorney to deal with any important matters. my problem now is l'm having to wait for someone to take me to the bank to order another card, then wait for it to arrive.

I've been having to go cold turkey from cider to stay alert, and this has lowered my tolerance to the cider. l've been depressed, eating then having to vomit to stop me feeling drunk, but today, l felt so low, I'm feeling like l could start hurting myself again. I'm so low at present and l feel like l'm on a knife edge.l could really do with some support.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:18 am

Hugs, Trojan. It's good to hear from you and get an update- I wish it were better news though. Still it's good that you're here and talking.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Snaga, my life is an utter mess at present and l feel l could snap at any time. In this home,(which is not in my home town where l grew up with my family)l am having to deal with residents that have various degrees of dementia. The home l was in before in my town of birth was for people with dementia but on a much smaller scale and if l went out, l at least knew my way around the town. Here, l'm lost. Drink has been getting me into bad situations and a member of staff has been stealing money from my bank account via my debit card. It is contactless so she was able to use it without the PIN.
Because of this, I've been racking up debts to a friend, my Mum and the home, who have all been lending me money until l can get a new debit card.

The management staff at the home are all aware of what's been going on as the person who l and a friend suspect of taking the card left a 5 pound note in rmy bedside draw knowing l would want 4 cans of cider the following day. The 5 pounds was not there the night before and l'm on strong meds at night to help me sleep and she was on night duty on my unit when the card and wallet went missing.

I'm having to live without money until I can get a new card. Mum is having to clear my debts for me, but l just want to be able to get this situation resolved. The member of staff used my card at 3 different places and the suspected member of staff is still working here. She was a carer, but now she is in the laundry. The management staff don't seem to realise that unless l can lock my door when l'm not in it, it could happen again, but l won't be leaving the card in my room again unless l can get the key to my room to be able to lock the door.

I hate where l'm living and l want to return to my town of birth, but l don't know if that will spark all my addictions and leave me in a bigger mess. I'm so low at present l don't know how to deal with anything.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Yeah I'd try to hide my wallet and/or keep it on me as much as possible, a situation like that. That's a bad thing. I'm sorry you're still struggling with the cider, also, but I understand. Aside from carers sounds as if the companionship's pretty poor- most of the residents have dementia, I take it. That's no place for a person with their mind to have to be in.

Do you think you have a chance of getting moved back to your home town?

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 pm

I ended up here as I'd been in hospital and the other home wouldn't take me back when l was discharged.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, do you think there's a chance they could be persuaded to take you back eventually?

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby TROJAN WARRIOR » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:54 am

No.
TROJAN WARRIOR
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Snaga » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you can find a place not so given over to dementia patients somewhere else?

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cutting and Self Injury Forum