Our partner

Steve Hassan?

Open Discussions About Cult Abuse and Mind Control or Manipulation.

Steve Hassan?

Postby bobbyjames67 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Anyone hear read or listen to Steve Hassan? I picked up one of his books "Freedom of the Mind" and so far it's very interesting. What do you guys think of the guy?

Below is a snippet from his website :

We are all searching for answers and meaning in our lives; unfortunately, many out there seek to take advantage of our insecurities and uncertainties. Cults, hucksters, and manipulators abound in today’s world and on the internet. Steve Hassan’s new book, “Freedom Of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults, and Beliefs” is a hard look at how to identify and resist these invasive and unethical activities: http://www.freedomofmind.com/
bobbyjames67
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Steve Hassan?

Postby WiseMonkey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm

I responded to your post yesterday, but my post disappeared for some reason.

Anyway, I've heard of Steve Hassan a while ago when I was interested in cults and everything that has to do with brainwashing and mind control. I don't really have any thoughts about what he does as I have never gotten deeply involved in the subject, but it looks like he is passionate about what he is doing and I hope his work helps many people to leave cults and to recover from all the emotional damage they received.

WM
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
http://therapyconsumerguide.com/
WiseMonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:38 am

Re: Steve Hassan?

Postby bobbyjames67 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah I can't seem to find my old messages either. Weird.

But I was turned onto Hassan as well by a relative and I'm just now reading his book Freedom of the Mind. He seems like the top living expert on cults and abusive relations right now.

I'd recommend checking it out. Anyone know any other books by Hassan or other authors on the subject? I'm more just interested in this subject than personally affected by it.

Thanks!
bobbyjames67
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Return to Cult Abuse