Our partner

Levi

Open Discussions About Cult Abuse and Mind Control or Manipulation.

Levi

Postby Demon Lilith » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:56 am

Levi was one of the 12 tribes of Israel. Levi himself, as one of the sons of Jacob, was one of the two brothers to destroy the entire town of the rapist of his sister, Dinah. He was also involved in the plotting of selling his brother Joseph.

Today, Levi is the level below the priest class of Judaism. It's heriditary, passed from father to child. It's less important today, but still gives kind of an elite status in Orthodox and Conservative. It comes with certain special privalages, advanced ritual status including reading of the Torah.

Our grandfather was a Levi. He and his family slowly became less religious as time wore on. They became Orthodox as time wore on, then Conservative, and finally Reform.

Does anyone know anything about this? Please?
Rage and Co
Demon Lilith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Levi

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Demo Lilith - can you clarify what it is you need to know. It sounds like you are quite distressed, I am sorry.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:51 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby Demon Lilith » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:23 pm

We have DID. So I don't have any sort of complete memories of what happened to me. And I know I should probably just wait for memories, but I need to know if we're still in danger. We were definitely ritual abused by the grandfather. He's still alive and in contact with us. I want to know if I should be worried. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if what he did, he did because of he himself being used by an outside group. In that case, if he has broken off contact with the group, it would explain why he's left us alone for the past year or so and mean we're safer now.

But that explanation only works if he was actually part of something himself. This Levi thing... it fits. It fits what we know of our family history, it feels right. But I don't want to start accusing. I guess I want to know if anyone else has ever had any experience with this group. Or even just knows anything about them, so I could look it up myself, I guess.

Sorry if that makes no sense, I just...
~Rage
Rage and Co
Demon Lilith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 am

That does make sense. I understand now. It sounds like there could be many reasons why he has left you alone. Being influenced by a outside group is one of them. I hope someone can provide you with some answers, tho this forum is quite quiet. Please let me know if you do find anything out so I can know too and post more if you want to talk about this - I will do my best to help. I was brought up in a religious compound so I have some idea of cult mentality.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 am

I have done some research and from what I can gather a Levite is someone descended from Levi and given certain roles in Orthodox Judaism and not specifically linked a a cult group. I have based this on interenet research including looking up a list of world cults. I think it is more likely you were abused because your abuser was a sick person, not because they were a Levite - tho I cannot say that for certain. However I cant find specific reports of Levites being linked to abuse.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Demon Lilith » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 am

Alright. Thank you for your help.
~Rage
Rage and Co
Demon Lilith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:30 pm

No problem. Keep safe and look after yourself.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby HesDeltanCaptain » Sun May 26, 2013 7:22 pm

As a religious Jew myself (Karaite) I can tell you right now there's no such thing as Jewish ritual abuse. What there is is people in every religion who use the religion to justify abuse. So that someone abuses someone else has nothing to do with the religion itself but the indivudla and how they're using religion as a cover. As with Catholic sex abuse, FLDS, Family of G-d (aka Family International) and so on.

If someone abuses you and says it's part of the religion, unless it's a religion I've never heard of(with all due modesty that's extremely unlikely) it's crap - it's them doing the abuse and though it may contain trappings of a given faith, it has nothing to do with the faith properly practiced.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I pretended to be." - Me.
HesDeltanCaptain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Demon Lilith » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 pm

I've actually remembered/discovered more over the last two years, so.

I was asking because I was looking for anything that could possibly support or refute what I was remembering, basically. I had the vague idea that my grandfather's abuse was connected to a group, and the idea that it had something to do with Levi kept bugging me. I thought that the entire thing sounded like a conspiracy theory, though, and I was trying hard to see if anyone had experienced anything similar before I blindly believed it. Eventually, I realized that there was a group, but the motivation behind a religious connection was to mimic "Satanic Ritual Abuse" in order to make the entire thing seem impossible. The people behind it reasoned that they were already Jewish, so why not throw in the added element of disbelief by making it a "Jewish cult?" After all, who's ever heard of that? They focused on Levi in particular because one of the leaders was from that particular sect, I guess, and it made the whole thing seem more "mystical."

For all that, it wasn't really religious, just a cover for a child pr*stitution and p*rnography ring. That explains why we're left alone now: too old. I think that this is the one time I'll ever be thankful that those bast*rds had no interest in anyone past puberty!

I don't know if it's still considered RA or not. There was definitely brainwashing, but it was more to keep the kids easy to work with than anything else. I don't know, it's still too painful to really think about much. There are certain things that I still can't touch on without just wanting to hide somewhere and never acknowledge reality again. I probably shouldn't have pushed myself so hard for information in the first place, but.

Thank you for your help.
Rage and Co
Demon Lilith
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Cult Abuse