Our partner

do i exist

Open Discussions About Cult Abuse and Mind Control or Manipulation.

Postby rajah » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 pm

I know I exist but do any of you?
rajah
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: do i exist

Postby MizzCatharine » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:32 am

caconway wrote:how can we be sure we exist?

no you dont exist, neither do thoughts. that is why you didnt type this, because you dont exist. I also dont exist..thats why I'm replying
MizzCatharine
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby Innerchild » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:13 am

I exist, I see the uglyness every day. I feel the tears on my face. I worry, I analyse, I hide, I sleep, I eat (sometimes the wrong stuff), If I feel pain..........
Innerchild
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Saku » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 am

I'm convinced that everyone else doesn't exist and that everything in my life is just a figment of my imagination....Here's to hoping...
Saku
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby JustScream » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:10 pm

caconway wrote:how can we be sure we exist?

I argue with reality constantly. What if I made this world up in my head. What if someone else made this up. What if I'm someone's hallucination? What if I'm hallucinating?

And then I say to myself,"You won't know till you die." And I stop giving a ###$.
JustScream
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby HesDeltanCaptain » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Have heard it's impossible to prove we ourselves exist since every proof we might point to or use could be an error due to our limited and highly subjective perspectives or something. :) And at the quantum level, things exist and don't exist at the same time, so the question is highly dependent upon what is meant by existing?

If you put anything under an infinitely powerful microscope, every time you 'zoom' in you see a smaller particle of matter surrounded by mostly empty space. Physics puts an artificial 'cap' on how small things get with the Planck length (1.61619926 × 10 to the negative 35th meters. This doesn't mean anything to me either, so let's just say that the very fabric of the universe, the individual particles of space-time itself is about this size. To visualize this and the relative sizes of subatomic particles, the visible universe itself, and lots of things in-between there's a cool little site with the sizes of stuff you can 'zoom' in or out with here:)

http://scaleofuniverse.com/#flash

Enable the site's script if using FF and the actual Flash app and it should run fine. Does on my rig bought in 91 :)

Back to my point. :) If all matter is made up of smaller particles surrounded by empty space on to infinity, then nothing we perceive as real is quite as we think of it. We're basicaly just thoughts held together by the Weak Nuclear Force or whatever. ;) But nothing 'solid' or 'real' is. Everything's porrous and the particle neutrinos are so small they say "A neutrino could pass through a light year of lead and not be stopped by any of the lead atoms." A light-year is ~5.8 trillion miles.

The reason things seem solid on our scale of existence isn't that when things 'touch' each other atoms bump against other atoms but rather the forces holding matter together repels one another. It's basically two force fields pushing each other away like like poles of magnets.

So do we exist? In as much as anything does, yes. But you could convincingly argue it the other way too. Just a matter of on what scale are you speaking? Quantum scale, no. Human level yes.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I pretended to be." - Me.
HesDeltanCaptain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Previous

Return to Cult Abuse