Our partner

NO COMPASSION, NO UNDERSTANDING...

Open Discussions About Cult Abuse and Mind Control or Manipulation.

NO COMPASSION, NO UNDERSTANDING...

Postby LonelyDaisy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:17 pm

I experienced a paticular support forum that was so bad that I wished it had never existed. The Moderators there banned me without a warning and on top of that, they sent me an e-mailed message that was so shocking and devastating. What they wrote on that message was very insulting and disrespectfull. If I did or said anything that was inappropriate, they should bring it to my attention more mildly. Messages like that could cause people like myself to have a nervous breakdown or worse. Luckily I was handle it and just never return to that site. It shows that certain people are cold and careless. I don't know WHY they have a supportive website, the members there are not very supportive, they're mostly critical and judgemental. I quoted the message at the bottom from my e-mail to show you how despicable they are..
Our forums aren't for people who just want to bitch and complain (i.e. pity parties) They're for people who take responsibility for their lives and are looking for solutions they can apply. Members like you simply annoy people and bring others down. What positive contributions did you make that would make our community better? Our forums are for people who are dedicated to growing, not complaining.
LonelyDaisy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: NO COMPASSION, NO UNDERSTANDING...

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Wow that's horrible! I have been through some really horrible support forums myself and have left them due to a lot of drama, some sites shouldn't even be up because they can cause more harm then good in some cases... it's sad really.

Hope you are doing better about things now.
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Postby mata_hari » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 pm

That's rather harsh.

Support forums are always going to have members at varying levels of treatment. It seems terribly short-sighted not to consider those who are just beginning to understand their problems and have not yet received help. Furthermore, we all have bad days. Someone might have a major set back and will lash out as a result of it.

I'm sorry you were banned from this forum, but it's probably for the best. I've been banned from a forum as well. They had very excessive restrictions on what could and couldn't be discussed, and the posts were riddled with links to advertisements. Obviously not a place to help people.
mata_hari
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Postby LonelyDaisy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 pm

At times I do lash out at people when they say things that upset me, and most of the time I gotten my self banned especially for that reason, but I've learned things on forums from my experience so next time I enter forums I know what to do and what not to do. I went through life learning things the hard way, now I've become a lot more wiser. It's not easy getting over certain things that I've been through in my life, but I don't want to dwell too much on it. I'm sure there are depression meeting that are very supportive. I mostly need to work more on my self esteem.
LonelyDaisy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Paul Gacina » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:22 am

Oh thou enemy destructions are come to a perpetual end.

A Word from Jesus to everyone who reads this:

See beyond the veil of certain unchanging nightmares. They will change. Put your hope in God. Trust in me. I am the fountain of new life. See beyond the veil of duality. Certain unshaded grace. One step at a time and you will win your race. Race to the finish line. Fulfill your role, your dharma. Sit in the lotus to eliminate karma. Clear your head of thoughts that obstruct by remaining poised letting everything blend in with serenity. The serenity you yearn for exist where you are in the flame of living truth.
This flame resonates within the heart offering you a brand new start. Don't let outer organizations control your mind. Seek the truth and you will find. The knowledge you need to free your soul. The Wisdom that will make you whole. For knowledge is the key to your deliverance. God makes all things beautiful in His time so stay on course. The hypocrite with his mouth will try to destroy you, their point of view they will force. Some are bewildered and caught up in their lies. Some of which are innocent and lost sheep in my eyes.
I will leave the ninety-nine in search of the one to bring them back to the place of the Sun. Where men and women are free to be and to have some good godly fun.
Last edited by Paul Gacina on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Gacina
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Postby SmallTalkRed » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:58 pm

daisy,
you have posted in a very horrible kind of abuse. i am sorry if no one heard your cries.
I hear them, cry, bitch, scream, let it out. It is a good thing to do that.
We all have screamed about our abusers. at our abusers.

I have compassion, BUT MOST OF ALL, I HAVE RESPECT FOR YOU.
To post in a abuse forum, to me means you have been to hell and back.
There was no trust, no where to hide, no rescue, but it can change.

Take the strength that you have and survived with, stand up, you
have no shame, I will stand with you. Hold your hand, let you lean on me.

I have experienced devestating abuse, but I survived, I conquered, and if I can
I will go to hell and back with you, for you to conquer too.

Much Respect,
red
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Butterfly Faerie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 pm

LonelyDaisy wrote:At times I do lash out at people when they say things that upset me, and most of the time I gotten my self banned especially for that reason, but I've learned things on forums from my experience so next time I enter forums I know what to do and what not to do. I went through life learning things the hard way, now I've become a lot more wiser. It's not easy getting over certain things that I've been through in my life, but I don't want to dwell too much on it. I'm sure there are depression meeting that are very supportive. I mostly need to work more on my self esteem.

Lashing out can potentially do the same for you here... if it continues after being warned.
Every site has rules though and the need to be followed, though sometimes it is hard to do.

I've also had to do alot on self esteem as well, and depression.
Butterfly Faerie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Postby HesDeltanCaptain » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:31 pm

If you've been online for a few years and haven't been banned from several sites you're just not being honest :) Honesty will get you banned real quick on most sites. Cliques are never as pronounced as online.

This site is the first one I've seen that tolerates everyone equally. But for a recent discovery some mods will edit posts they personally don't like while leaving other groups/subgroups posts alone, it's among the very best. But it's kinda hypocritical to pride yourselves on not deleting posts, but you WILL delete parts of posts or lock the thread altogether. If a post violates the rules fine, punish the author if deemed appropriate, and/or remove the post. But saying you wont delete a post but happily delete whatever part of a post's body that's in violation is stupid. Obviously, the mechanism to delete posts exist as this reply screen has a checkbox saying as much 'Once deleted the post cannot be recovered' (technical inaccuracy aside - computers don't delete anything as in it's off the harddrive, they simply mark the space it occupies as 'overwritable.')
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I pretended to be." - Me.
HesDeltanCaptain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby salted lipstick » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 am

HesDeltanCaptain this is not an appropriate place to bring up issues of moderation. Please PM the particular mod if you have a disagreement about how a post has been moderated.

Also just to note, saying we won't delete is in reference to people requesting it, not in relation to if the rules have been broken. This is quite clear in the rules. The references to not deleting are not "pride" on the part of moderators but more a warning so that the numerous people that send us PMs asking to delete can't claim they didn't know we would say no.

This is a very old thread so I am locking for the time being as it has drifted off topic.
In a way, I am not defined by my dissociation. In a way, I am.

FORMER admin moderator. For current list please see: forum rules and list of active mods
salted lipstick
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:14 am

Return to Cult Abuse