Our partner

I am being stalked and need help

Open Discussions About Cult Abuse and Mind Control or Manipulation.

I am being stalked and need help

Postby greatpretender » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:56 pm

I used to have psychological issues and I ended up in a cult years ago. I got out of it and got well psychologically. Although I deal with some PTSD.

I was intimate with the leader of the cult who has full blown NPD. He stalks me years after I broke up with him.Police didn't help me much. So I do what I can to keep safe although it causes me stress.

I worry how can I know is he truly dangerous? The only thing he did was trying to get close to me on the streets. I would always run away from him. And that's it. No messages from him, nothing. So I assume he only wants me to be afraid? I mean, what do you think he wants?

He used to publicly shame me and then profess great love for me. I heard he has a new lover but stalking me didn't stop.

If a cult leader was romantically involved with a cult member who escaped the cult and now he follows her, what is his usual motivation? And how likely they are to actually do something harmful, like killing, raping etc? How do I know such things?

What is the best way to handle all this?
greatpretender
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am being stalked and need help

Postby Wally58 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:51 pm

I think that a characteristic of a cult leader would be that they can't let go of "former" members.
Law enforcement may be able to put an order of protection or stay-away order in place, it may help but is no guarantee.
Stalking creates fear. Fear is control. Cultists run on control.
You might talk to a private investigator who might be able to do more than the police in this matter.
You might also want to talk to a counselor as you need to build some reassurance and self-confidence. It might also help overcome your feeling of being watched and pursued.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Cult Abuse