Our partner

Over-obsession/possibly indirect love towards a celebrity???

Coping Methods & Techniques message board, open discussion, and online support

Moderator: thegentlepath

Over-obsession/possibly indirect love towards a celebrity???

Postby shyawkwardperson » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:26 am

I'm new here, and I don't know if this is the right forum to post this on.
This is going to sound ridiculous but here it goes:

About four years ago, I met in-person an actor from my favorite movie which I am obsessed with. This actor is my favorite character and his character in the movie represents my "ideal" in terms of a romantic partner. This actor in particular is between 30-35 years older than me which probably makes my situation seem even more ridiculous. However, his character in the movie and his real life persona are completely different. On the other hand, there are maybe one or two aspects of the actor that I like. I've never been in a relationship, by the way.

This meeting kind of perked my interest in this actor more when prior to meeting him I wasn't obsessed with him and just cared for the movie. Well in the past four years, I have to admit I've been guilty to online stalking him on different social media accounts. It had gotten to the point where I would get frustrated regarding to seeing what kinds of posts he "likes". Then somehow someday a few months ago, I noticed that this model had posted pictures of them together which I eventually figured out was a date and that they were most likely dating. This made me feel incredibly sad, and made me feel a sense of dislike towards this woman who I have never even met but have only seen her social media accounts. It's irrational, I know. This actor is a type of person who has been on plenty of dates with a lot of women in his life but for some reason, just seeing the post in real time just frustrated me. This happened a few months ago, but a few days after I decided that I would block both of them.

A few days ago, it was the actor's birthday and so I began thinking about him again but felt a stronger curiosity to check up on both of them today. I couldn't help it. So here I am right now. I don't feel as sad as I thought I might have been, but over the past few months I've been finding myself thinking about them at random times unconsciously so maybe I'm beginning to accept it.

How can I stop caring about this whole thing and go on with my life? I keep finding myself thinking about this randomly. Any advice is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read all of this.
shyawkwardperson
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Coping Methods & Techniques

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post