Our partner

inner child healing

Coping Methods & Techniques message board, open discussion, and online support

inner child healing

Postby patrickwednesday » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi there,

Does any have any experience of inner child healing, what they achieved from doing it, how they did it, and how long it took? I've recently identified through therapy and reading up on transactional analysis that my inner child is very damaged and needs lots of attention, which is causing a lot of problems in my adult life.

I've tried to talking to my child each morning and trying to calm them down. It does seem to have worked and I feel a lot calmer in myself, and don't get irritated so easily - sometimes when I feel irritated about something, I immediately think "ah, it's the inner child - don't worry about it, you just need to calm him down".

Tried to find out more about how to handle it, how long it takes etc, but seems difficult to get information online about this topic...

thanks
patrickwednesday
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: inner child healing

Postby qwerty95 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am

Hey. Currently in therapy for the first time in years & trying to do the same “inner child” work encouraged by my therapist. At first I honestly did just think it was a load of crap... but I got on board with giving it a go... and so far, it’s pretty much just giving yourself everything you felt you may have missed out on or lacked in childhood. So, it’s pretty much reconnecting with that sense of playfullness, fun, creativity etc. that may have been denied to children facing abuse, family problems, traumas etc. A big thing, I think is.. self-love / care... If you were someone who didn’t recieve a lot of attention or love as a child, it’s something you need to work on giving yourself in adulthood. Too many of us are so self-critical and quick to hate ourselves... I think it’s a matter of developing a healthy sense of self-confidence, love, respect etc. And I guess you work on achieving that by switching your inner dialogue from criticism to encouragement. Talk to yourself the way you would talk to and encourage a child.

I’ve only been taking on board these ideas for a couple weeks and it’s a nice concept. The general root of the whole thing is just learning to take care of yourself and to give yourself the freedom to be creative & have fun.

Hope it works out for you!
qwerty95
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun May 26, 2019 6:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Coping Methods & Techniques