Our partner

How to Change Thought Pattern

Coping Methods & Techniques message board, open discussion, and online support

How to Change Thought Pattern

Postby mwright » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:28 am

I wish harm on others. When I see people who harm others, like people who cheat the system or criminals who get away with their crimes, I hope that they die. I'd like to make it clear that I have no feelings of harming these people myself. An overwhelming anger comes over me and I wish bad things happen to them or their families. I am aware that it's wrong, but I can't change the thought process. For instance, when I see corporations poison people or commit fraud, or rapists walk free with minimal jail time, or people act in racist ways, I can't help but hope that they have a heart attack or get in an accident. How do I change this thinking?
mwright
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to Change Thought Pattern

Postby Openmind112112321 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:16 am

You realize that these people aren’t necessarily the best people or they didn’t do the best of things, yet you still don’t like your angry thoughts about them. Therefore even though some emotional response is warranted, the extent of the response is irrational. I recommend instead of trying to remove the response, try to minimize it and make it more rational, and maybe even turn it into something that can you harness to do good with, (always remember first fix yourself before others though).

The way I’d recommend how to minimize the response to a rational level, is to try to become one of these people, think like them feel their hardships try to imagine what may have made them do something like that (unless they are psychopathic) and it can help you empathize with them. Not all people that do bad things are bad people. Maybe try reading up about what can cause someone to do something like that. Try meditating to these thoughts and feelings.

Good Luck
Openmind112112321
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Coping Methods & Techniques