Our partner

New here, story, and new symptom?

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

New here, story, and new symptom?

Postby pianoflute2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 am

Hi, I'm a 17 year old female with conversion disorder, anxiety, and severe depression. I was diagnosed in 2010 and have been in the psychiatric hospital three times, and was in and out of ERs for almost a year before my diagnosis. I had so many symptoms I don't even remember them all! It was very stressful and the doctors at the local children's hospital were about ready to pass me off as a Munchhausen (by proxy) case and put me in a residential psych hospital. My mom took me to a different ER and there I was diagnosed. After that I went to the psych hospital and had intensive therapy. I was doing much better for almost half a year, I believe, but recently some of my symptoms are coming back, namely short term memory loss and fatigue.
But Saturday night around midnight I got this horrible, sudden, headache. It is light and sound sensitive and I have this awful flashing light in my left eye. The pain is mostly above and behind my left eye. The pain got bad enough that my mom took me to a local instacare Sunday afternoon and they told me it's probably a migraine and gave me a pain killer shot (non narcotic) told me to contact my doctor if it got worse or didn't go away, and sent me home. Monday the pain was actually seeming to be getting worse, so my mom got me an appointment with my doctor. I was only able to see a PA, but she got me on a stronger pain medicine and ordered an MRI. The pain medicine is helping more then any other so far, but I'm still in quite a bit of pain and light and sound sensitive. (It's quite difficult and painful to be typing this, I have to keep taking breaks.) The MRI results came in this evening and nothing was found, so I have an appointment with my actual doctor tomorrow. I'm scared that this is a new CD symptom and that I'm going to end up back in the psych hospital. I'm tired of the discrimination I get from the medical community, and just everyday people and 'friends' for that matter!! I just need some support. So many people have told me that I'm crazy and just making this up, and I'm tired of it!!
pianoflute2
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New here, story, and new symptom?

Postby Roughdiamond » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm

I have some of the same fears. I was diagnosed last November an went in the psych hospital for the irat time in my life at 25 years old. I wa paralyzed but can walk again now but I still have weakness. I also have the terrible memory and my vision is awful...sometimes I feel like I am going blind. I had an MRI in the hospital last year and it did find 2 cysts on my brain but they swore it was nothing and they said it was conversion disorder. At the regular hospital, they said I should have follow up MRIs every 2 months to monitor growth of the cysts. Problem is, getting a referral to a neurologist. I no longer have a regular doctor because every time I went to see him for something I was told to see a psychologist. I don't want to go see another doctor because I'm afraid they will judge and act like I'm some kind of a nut and won't get me the tests or help I need. I have a 2 year old and a great boyfriend and job an everything to lose. I have no reason to make up symptoms.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Conversion Disorder
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Depression/Anxiety

Currently, no medications.
Roughdiamond
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles