Our partner

Conversion disorder

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Postby John2543 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:56 pm

yes I have it too it blows the big one :oops: :twisted:
John2543

ADVERTISEMENT

Conversion disorder

Postby GiLLy » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:40 pm

Hello

I am diagnosed as conversion disorder, Had it for 3 years now. this is the first spport I have found. I feel it would be benificial to share coping methords and talk abot what happens. I do not know anyone else with the same diagnosis. Hope those of you who are suffering the same or similar conditions will respond. I fel that knowing more about it and more ways of coping coild be a way to self healing, Unsure, but worth a try :)

sorry - unspellchecked :)
GiLLy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

conversion disorder

Postby kdfeasel@aol.com » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:37 pm

My partner has been suffering from what they call "conversion disorder" this is really weird isn't it. We have done the neurological testing from all over.

If anyone would like to chat or if we can call you please send us an e-mail..

Thanks
kdfeasel@aol.com

Conversion Disorder

Postby triciasmam » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:17 am

Hi my name is Sonia,I am married with two daughters and i live in the uk. I was diagnosed with conversion disorder two and a half years ago. I am wheelchair bound with left hand side weakness.
I suffer from pseudoseizures additionaly i suffer from reflux causing me to vomit, I take medication for this. I will go in to more detail if you wish to reply.

Best wishes Sonia

You can e.mail me at

Toon1058205068@aol.com
triciasmam

Postby eo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:13 am

hi there, my younger sister has been diagnosed with conversion disorder. she is 21. i am wondering for those of you who say you've been battling this for years, what exactly are you doing to try to fight it. therapy? drugs?
eo

re conversion disorder

Postby triciasmam » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:27 am

Hi replying to your letter regarding your sister. I take Efexor which is a antidepressent and tylex and diazepam to control pain and muscle spasms. The biggest problem i have is controlling my pseudoseizures which severeley affects my quality of life, there is no medication to control these as they are not epileptic seizures.

I am waiting to see a phsycotherapist , the doctor reckons this will help.

I would be interested to no your sisters symptons and how she deals with them.

If you or your sister would like to e.mail me i would like to hear from you has i would be really interested in being in contact with somebody else with this illness.

Toon1058205068@aol.com

Beat wishes Sonia
triciasmam

Coping with Conversion Disorder

Postby GiLLy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:43 am

Hi..

In reply to coping with conversion disorder.

I cope with my diagnosed conversion order by trying to understand how it effects me and what causes it, by keeping myself walking as much as I can and practicing having less stress.....

I pace myself and try to do what I would do if I had nothing wrong.. At times it is very frustrating as I can do things but not for long, or it takes me forever to do something that would have taken me a short time to do. or i just cannot do it..argh!!! :) It's not easy but having more value of life by trying and acheiving things does help me.

I also tell people what I have wrong with me. they do not understand at first but over time, recognising how I get and when and why, it is seen and accept that whatever it is happens. I do not make it happen..

In the future who knows if I will be on medication for it, I hope not.

Anyway.. this is how I cope.. :)

popnfasf
popnfasf@yahoo.com
GiLLy
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Conversion disorder

Postby Irene » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:49 pm

MaggieS wrote::roll: My name is maggie and I have conversion disorder. It has been two and a half year so far. I would like to know if any one has this condition so we might be able to talk with you.

Hello Maggie, I also have had "conversion disorder" for two years.
I am so pleased to have found someone with the same problem, as it has been so hard not having anyone who understands the difficulties.
Irene

Re: Conversion disorder

Postby Irene » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:05 pm

popnfasf wrote:Hello

I am diagnosed as conversion disorder, Had it for 3 years now. this is the first spport I have found. I feel it would be benificial to share coping methords and talk abot what happens. I do not know anyone else with the same diagnosis. Hope those of you who are suffering the same or similar conditions will respond. I fel that knowing more about it and more ways of coping coild be a way to self healing, Unsure, but worth a try :)

sorry - unspellchecked :)

I have had "conversion disorder" for two years now. This is the first support that I also have found. I also wish to know more about it. My way of coping is to take each day at a time. I do what I can, and try not to get to upset about what I'm unable to do. I certainly can do much more for myself than twelve months ago. I am not on any medication. Daily I do excercises, and I find that soaking in the bath helps a great deal. Keeping my mind active also. :)
Irene

Next

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post