Our partner

Could this be Conversion Disorder?

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Could this be Conversion Disorder?

Postby connector122001 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:16 am

I've been diagnosed as a mixed BPD/NPD Personality Disorder and have had weird, unexplainable symptoms since childhood--mainly nerve related.

First, when I was in high school, I had pain and then paralysis of my right shoulder and deterioration of muscle mass/winging of the scapula. The doctors diagnosed it as Parsonnage-Turner Syndrome. With physical therapy, I was able to get most of the muscle mass back. The same thing happened to my left shoulder when I was in college. Both events occurred during stressful/conflicted times in my life.

Then when I was in treatment for BPD at McLean Hospital in Mass., I got a very pronounced foot drop where I could not lift my left foot to walk. I was wheelchair bound for a while and finally after a few months the foot drop slowly dissipated and I regained movement in my foot.

Anyway, as you can see, these seemingly neurological events come and go in my life--I've had special genetic testing for them and nothing unusual was discovered. My psychological profile is one that is very conflicted and I have "crises" all the time in my personal life because as a borderline I am hypersensitive to other people's words and actions. Could these incidents signal conversion disorder?
Male, 29

DX
Mixed Personality Disorder (Narcissistic and Borderline features)
Social Phobia
GAD
Have had in the past: Bulimia, Self-injury, Depression, Drug Abuse

RX:
Luvox 200 mg.
Abilify 20 mg.
Adderall XR 40 mg.
Buspar 30 mg.
connector122001
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:57 pm