Our partner

not sure what help is available

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

not sure what help is available

Postby rachie37 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello I am a new user of this forum. I have been told that I have Functional Disorder and after reading some of the threads on here I think I may have Conversion Disorder. I have been trying to find out what my symptoms are now for a long time. There is no real trigger I can think of but it is very restrictive when it starts. I think I started having problems around ten years ago I thought it was five but the symptoms have definitely been there longer. I have paralysis down the right side of my body, feel very tired most of the time and I manage to walk with my leg dragging behind. I have depression, OCD a disc problem in my neck and spondylitis in my back so I can be in alot of pain too. I haven't been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder but the symptoms I have are very similar. I have had scans and x-rays with no conclusion. I am having an episode at the moment. It started on Monday where I was taken by ambulance to hospital. It was Monday morning and the start of the new term for my two children it scared them very much but my daughter did so well to get help for me my husband had gone to work. I spent all day in hospital and was aloud to go home at around 5pm. I have not been able to get help with DLA and only have the child tax credit and child benefit payments each month. My husband has a full time job luckily and is able to pay most of the bills but it is getting increasingly difficult. I am typing this with my left finger and thumb luckily I am left handed. I try to make a little money from home selling baby, childrens and maternity clothing but this isn't a steady income it can be up and down so I don't really have any money for myself as it usually goes on the kids if i do. When I have periods of my symptoms being less severe I go to college and study maths and art and design which i love doing and would like to go to university to study to become a designer. I have managed not sure how to pay my college fees but I would like to try and receive help through DLA. I drive when I can and just want to get on with things it has been very upsetting please help! rachie37xx
rachie37
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: not sure what help is available

Postby roselight » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Rachie37.
Check your Private Messages. I've posted to you there.

Roselight.
roselight
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum