Our partner

CONVERSION DISORDER

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

CONVERSION DISORDER

Postby FREDAWAS » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:47 pm

HI MY NAME IS FREDA AND I HAVE CONVERSION DISORDER IS THERE ANYONE ELES IN HERE WITH THIS ILLNESS OR KNOW OF ANYONE HOW HAS IT
FREDAWAS
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:54 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Hi Freda

Postby labs4kerri » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi Freda, I have conversion disorder. write back if you want to talk about it. What are your symptoms? Kerri
labs4kerri
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Hope this helps!!!

Postby sunclovis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:16 am

Hi,

I was diagnosed with conversion disorder in 1999-2000. I was very scared and worried that I lost my mind due to the fact of no physical evidence the doctors could find. I could not lift anything and had to use a wheel chair when my husband would take me to the store. The worse part of the whole thing was it did not make any sence. Here I was totally dependant on someone for 90% of my daily living skills; when a few days before I could do everything myself.

To make matters worse I was in the middle of my clinicals for occupational therapy assistant. It was like my whole life just stopped then and there. The main thing I was told by everyone including my councilor was I need to take one day at a time and not STRESS. Which was easy for him to say because he was not going through this. I started doing this and getting away from family members and anything else that was harmful to my well being.

Well this is August of 2005 and I have experienced very few symptoms since then. I had a dizzy (off balance) moment about a month ago but my last one was 2003 which lasted a day. So there is hope.

Just keep your head up and try not to stress which is easier said than done but I have faith in you. If I can go 4-5 yrs without a major spell so can you. Take one problem at a time until there is no more. I wish you the best.

God Bless,

sunclovis@peoplepc.com[/b]
sunclovis

conversion disorder

Postby freddia » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:18 pm

HELLO FREDDIA MY NAME IS DORIS I LIVE IN NASHVILLE TN I HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF HOSPITALS AND THEY DIAGNOISED ME WITH CONVERSION DISORDER WHEN THEY FIRST TOLD ME AND MY FAMILY I HAD NO CLUE WHAT I WOULD BE FACING THE DOCTORS SAID IT WOULD BE LONG TERM RECOVERY I HAVE BEEN FACING THIS GOING ON 4 MONTHS IM NOT ABLE TO TALK OR DRIVE OR BE LEFT ALONE AT ANYTIME I COME TO WORK WITH MY HUSBAND EVERYDAY AND THATS HOW WE FOUND THIS SITE I GO THROUGH SEIZZIER LIKE SPELLS I GET AWFUL HEADACHES BEFORE THE SPELLS HAPPEN LIKE SOMEONE IS SQEEZING MY HEAD THERES SOME DAYS IM NOT ABLE TO HOLD NOTHING DOWN ON MY STOMACH SOME DAYS I CANT WALK I NEVER KNOW FROM DAY TO DAY WHAT I WILL BE FACING NEXT THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS I LOST MY SITE FOR THE WHOLE DAY I WAS SCARED TO DEATH BUT GOD HELPED ME THROUGH I WOULD LKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS GOD BLESS YOU .....
freddia

Postby nola » Tue May 16, 2006 9:10 am

hi my name is suzy, and im 19. i have been having severe symptoms for a year which has been full of tests, with no conclusion. it was so frustrating. ive had subtle symptoms since i was 9 and i was training to be an olympic gymnast but that dream was crushed by this. i have episodes of complete paralysis for 2 weeks and they get worse every time. im having one of these episodes at the moment and all i can move is my right arm, i cant even lift my head off the pillow. my body goes so rigid its like rigor mortis which causes agony in my legs and back. i havent been able to swallow so in hospital i was nil by mouth for almost a week. i get bad headaches across my forehead and im constantly weak and tired. i was at university for a year but missed my exams because i was in hospital and now ive been doing 2 A levels to keep me occupied but im not well enough to do my final exams for those either so i feel im not ever going to get anywhere. nobody i know really understands and stress always brings my episodes on but i cant escape all the stress and upset in my life, so what do i do? sorry for rambling on but its quite exciting to talk to people who understand and no doctors have done anything for me so if anyone has any advice id be grateful. thank you x
nola
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum