Our partner

Recently diagnonsed -- Conversion Disorder

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Recently diagnonsed -- Conversion Disorder

Postby carakima » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:22 am

:? I am very confussed --- I have been dealing with unexplained systoms for over 6 months now --- I have had serveral MRI - Was told I was having mini strokes--- all types of test have been run--- they can't find anything medically wrong with me --- I am 40 year old mother with 5 children --- they say it is stress ---- but I have always had stress and never reacted this way --- started with cold frozen legs and progressed to seizures --- and they are saying it is in my head--- someone please help me understand--- and what do I do now
carakima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey,

There is always an explanation for something like this - it's just a matter of eliminating various things until you finally land on the true cause. I'm sure you've had blood tests taken for hormone levels, right? Also, could you tell me what you eat each day? Diet can be a huge factor in 'strange' illnesses.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby carakima » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I eat normal --- I haven't change anything expect --- using splenda -- and drinking a lot of diet coke --- I don't think they have tested my hormones --- I did lose 65 lbs since last year
carakima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:27 pm

... ...How did you lose the weight? Here is a little information for you: Toxins in our body are sometimes stored in fat tissue. So, our fat tissue holds a 'record' of what we have eaten through the years. If, however, we lose a lot of weight, a lot of toxins are released from the burning-up of the fat tissue into our blood-stream. This can cause a range of different minor ailments. Could this be the problem you're having... ...?

Talk to your doctor about it.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby carakima » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:44 am

I basically lost the weight by not being hungry after put on Wellbrutrin --- then the rest by exercise -- now they are saying i might have gallstones --- since I have been having inflamation and pain on right side --- at the very beginning of my illness -- blood test did show elevation of sed rate(inflamation) --- I don't know how they could have missed this --- if it is it
carakima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey,

A pain on your right side could be one of many things, I guess. Are they going to find out for definite if it is gallstones? I have a condition known as Ulcerative Collitis and it first 'presented' itself to me through pains in my right hand side, around the abdomen. I thought it was my appendix about to 'blow up', but it turned out that it was large-intestine that was slowly beginning to 'rot'. (For more info, look up Ulcerative Collitis!)

Anyway, I hope they determine what the problem is soon. You seem to be very puzzled and worried by this whole episode.

Take care,
Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby carakima » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 pm

They found gallstones yesterday during the ultra sound --- now I am waiting to hear from my doctor for what the next step is -- Thanks for all you info --- it has been very helpful
carakima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:45 pm

Ok, that's good news (relatively speaking of course). I'm sure that you are somewhat relieved to have at least found out what the problem is. I think my uncle has gallstones too, but they keep reforming in him after they remove them. He has HaemoChromatosis too though, which is what causes them for him in the first place.

Good luck though - I hope everything works out for you.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Gallblader surgery gone wrong

Postby carakima » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:40 pm

Dr took out my gallblader - put a hole in my bile duct - went into fix that and put a hole in my bowel --- in hospital for a week -- now home and have home nurse -- giving my self medicine through IVs --- can't eat or drink for two weeks until bowel heals it self --- then Dr can fix bile duct ---- then back in hospital to learn to eat again -- since they have shut down my digestive system --- hopefully then I can get back to a "Normal" life
carakima
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:30 pm

carakima, this is yet more good news (again, relatively speaking) and I'm sure that you're feeling more optimistic about your future now than you were back in July when you made your first post here. This notion of 'Conversion Disorder' has been shown to have had little substance in this case because your problem has been pinpointed and fixed.

I wish you well, of course.

Take care,
Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies