Our partner

conversion disorder

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

conversion disorder

Postby Serpicor » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Don't dismiss this. This is a serious problem. I imagine for the most part that the problem is with walking. You need to say that everything is cool. You have to reach this point. You have to concentrate. There are several things that could put up barriers at this point. The number one thing is your brain. You have to ######6 destroy everybody out of your brain. I don't care if others are having problems and they're linked to you. That is their problem, not yours, and they are actually trying to pull you down like some kind of leeches or demons. Becoming incredibly angry is a good step. You cannot have any demands on your brain so therefore you have to attack. Then you have to concentrate. You can have any emotion you want. You are not limited to having a set number of emotions because you believe there are conflicts that are current. The number one thing to reach is concentration and that means having to destroy anything in your mind that you think that you have to do---because I tell you, you don't have to do those things, they are inconsequential. Anything you think you have to tell somebody is a meaningless thing.
Last edited by Serpicor on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serpicor
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: conversion disorder

Postby Chucky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Serpicor wrote:You have to ****ing destroy everybody out of your brain. I don't care if others are having problems and they're linked to you. That is their problem, not yours, and they are actually trying to pull you down like some kind of leeches or witches or demons.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that we should just 'destroy' people who have a problem with us (Destroy = ignore). It's not that they are actively trying to bring us down though - It's just the way that life is. The general population doesn't like people who are different.

Serpicor wrote:Becoming incredibly angry is a good step.

Only to a certain extent! You can harbour tenacity from anger and, with that, you can become successful in life.

Kevin.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TerryGradidge » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 am

Hi my name is Terry, and live in Witbank South Africa. I signed up on this web site as my son, who is 10, has just been diagnosed with conversion Disorder, it has affected his legs and his speech, mostly, I was under the impression that with the right treatment and theraphy his recovery would take about 6 weeks and was hoping to get some advice or guidence as to how I could assist his healing process for my side. But to be honest after reading some of the letters and replys posted on this site, I am concerned that I have been very short-sighted in my views, and am now really concerned for his future. Before this all started he was such a vibrant little boy who drew people to himself with his outgoing personality and sense of humour, he was the absolute sunshine in my home.... has that little boy gone forever??!!??... I am scared for him and feel to blame, I feel I should have somehow protected him, I should have seen the warning signs, how did I miss them??? Is there any hope, or do we simply have to learn to accept that this is the way things are going to be from now on???
TerryGradidge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Terry, you must realise that the majority of things that you read here will be from people who are having problems, and there won't be any success stories. So, that's why things seem to bleak when you read the other threads. I mean, of course there is hope for your son, but - alas - I am not familiar with Conversion Disorder at all, and I'm yet to meet someone who knows it inside out. Surely you can get more indo about it from your doctor?

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TerryGradidge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 am

Thanks Kevin,I appreciate your response, finding answers has not been that easy unfortunately, as where we are resources are quite limited, that's why i hoped i would get some insight on this site. But I completely understand where you are coming from, I guess I just believe in finding answers and doing all I can to help him change his circumstances instead of just whining about how bad things are and staying stuck in one place. Thank you for your reply.
Terry
Last edited by TerryGradidge on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TerryGradidge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby TerryGradidge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 am

Thanks Kevin,I appreciate your response, finding answers has not been that easy unfortunately, as where we are resources are quite limited, that's why i hoped i would get some insight on this site. But I completely understand where you are coming from, I guess I just believe in finding answers and doing all I can to help him change his circumstances instead of just whining about how bad things are and staying stuck in one place. Thank you for your reply.
Terry
TerryGradidge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 pm

You're welcome Terry, and i'm terribly sorry that I cannot help more. I suggest just searching exhaustively on Google for information, but also on other search engines such as Yahoo! and MSN. How is SA priming itself for the soccer world cup?
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TerryGradidge » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 am

Lol :lol: ....do you really want to know? In my honest opinion, I'm interested to see them actually pull this one out the bag!!!! thanks for the friendly advice, will defintely keep searching.
TerryGradidge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi, yes I would really like to know. I want to hear it from a South African's perspective. Here in Europe, 'everyone' expects it to be a disaster, as people will get robbed (or worse). Ironically, my friend (who is Zimbabwean) recently went to South AFrica to get married. He couldn't go back to Zim. because he has a dual passport now (Irish/Zim.) and Mugabe doesn't let anyone with dual passports back in!
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TerryGradidge » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:15 am

Iseriously doubt the passport issue will much of a problem here, as for the crime issue... well that is as much of a concern for those of us living here as it is for those visiting. Violent crime has definitely been on the increase especially with the unemployment rate on the rise we have all had to step up to the plate and be more vigilant about our security and safety. In the past attacks read about were on people you didn't know, but now it is your friends and your neighbours, sometimes at night we can hear bursts of gun fire, helicoptor patrol and sirens in the neighbourhood. I think for people visiting here it is important not to be too flipant about the situation in the SA and be sensible enough not to allow yourself to get into a vulnerable situations where one could be selected as a potential target. Whether or not we will actually be ready for the 2010....well... that is a whole other story,from what I can see we a running way behind shedule and time is moving fast. But for the most part, people here are generally looking forward to the whole event with excitement and enthusiasm. I really hope SA will, for once, completely out do themselves and that even the crime won't be as much of an issue as everyone is anticipating.
TerryGradidge
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post