Our partner

My Girl friend has CD...

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My Girl friend has CD...

Postby Anonymousguy77 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:41 am

Hi, my girlfriend of 16 years has had CD for 1.5 years, and i just researched it because i was curious, and i found this forum. Reading the posts is helping me cope with it, it was a huge shock reading all of the apparent symptoms and problems caused by it. I love her so much, and i feel completely helpless, i feel like i can do nothing to help her, i want to help her walk again.

Her problems are basically not episodes, but almost kind of a permanent condition, when she first got it, she was paralyzed from the waist down, but she has improved quite a lot since then, now she is walking with the help of a walker, and when she's holding my hand she seems completely fine, but when she has nothing to support her, she just loses it and tumbles. Right now she can walk about 25 steps on her own. She is also diagnosed with (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) FASD, and i have seen several vague mentions of FASD being related to CD in Australian studies, but so far, i haven't been able to dig up much.

It feels great to know that other people are dealing with this problem, I'm not sure if it is allowed for me to be posting in the forum because I myself do not have CD, but i feel it really bad when ever I'm with her or thinking of her.

I have a simple request, if you know any more about the study about the relation between FASD and CD i would be very grateful if you could share it with me. Also it would be nice to talk to other people who are in relation with people with CD.

Thanks for reading.
Anonymousguy77
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby puma » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi, Anonymousguy77,
It is certainly okay for you to post here. Many friends and family of sufferers post here looking for support and help.
I will look for more information concerning FASD and how it could relate to Conversion Disorder.
Please feel free to come here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_Alco ... m_Disorder
Above is a link to a quick overview of FASD. This is a tragic legacy to inflict upon a child. :cry:
"So It Goes..." Kurt Vonnegut
http://schizoids.net/forum/index.php
puma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Postby Anonymousguy77 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks, puma.

In relation to her FASD, she really doesn't have it all that bad, she mainly has minor influences from the FAS sort, but all in all, she's doing well, I am really confident that we can get her in crutches by christmas. She's a really tough girl and i love her with all my heart. Anyways, thanks for looking into the relation between FASD and CD for me, i've been looking around some more, and still haven't been able to come up with much. Once again, thank you for your time.

By the way, you can call me Fitz, it's a little easier than typing out that dumb username i came up with.
Anonymousguy77
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby nola » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Hi Fitz,

First of all well done for being so supportive, you probably dont even realise how important that is to your girlfriend. I dont know how I would have coped at first if it hadnt been for my boyfriend, he has been so great to me since I was diagnosed with CD. I dont have any info about FASD Im afraid, but I just wanted to say just keep doing what your doing, just be there for her because it means so much and can really help the condition sometimes, having somebody who cares about you no matter what. Your a good man x
nola
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post