Our partner

Think I have conversion disorder

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Think I have conversion disorder

Postby Pandap » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 am

Hello :) new to the forum.

I have no history of chronic mental health problems and am usually a happy, non anxious person. Unfortunately I recently had an incidental finding on a scan (hopefully benign but under investigation) and it has turned me into a nervous wreck. I am permanently terrified that it's going to be cancer, despite reassurance that it probably isn't. I am constantly on edge, waking up feeling dreadfully sick and shaky, sometimes in the middle of the night, and having bad dreams.

About 2 weeks ago I developed a feeling that there was something at the back of my throat and was fixed on it so much that I was trying to stick my fingers back to see if anything was there. This has basically gone away.

However a few days ago I woke up in the middle of the night like lightning after a bad dream and instantly felt a buzzing sensation in my right leg, and like my right arm was weak. Since then I've had pins and needles switching between both sides, and feel as if they are weak (they aren't, I am walking fine and have tested them for weakness).

Any similar experiences?

X
Pandap
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views