Our partner

Almost beyond hope

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Almost beyond hope

Postby Marmo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:04 am

My 16 year old daughter was dx with conversion disorder six months ago though the symptoms started when she was 10. Among other things she has episodes of parasleep in which she is violent. Because of this I can not take her out of the house. We travel by self pay ambulance to doctors' appointments. She needs residential psychatric treatment. It is not available in my state for minors. Out of state no one will take her. Rehab units can't cope with the violence. Mental hospitals can't cope with her medical needs. I am on unpaid leave. My 80 year old mother and I are covered in bruises and bite marks. She has started going for her 18 year d sister who has a mental health dx of her own and is starting to destabilize. I have been advised by country social workers to surrender her to the system but they can not promise that she would be safe or get treatment. Does anyone have any advice?
Marmo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Almost beyond hope

Postby Marmo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Oh well. It was a thought
Marmo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Almost beyond hope

Postby Akuma » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:01 am

Marmo wrote:My 16 year old daughter was dx with conversion disorder six months ago though the symptoms started when she was 10. Among other things she has episodes of parasleep in which she is violent. Because of this I can not take her out of the house. We travel by self pay ambulance to doctors' appointments. She needs residential psychatric treatment. It is not available in my state for minors. Out of state no one will take her. Rehab units can't cope with the violence. Mental hospitals can't cope with her medical needs. I am on unpaid leave. My 80 year old mother and I are covered in bruises and bite marks. She has started going for her 18 year d sister who has a mental health dx of her own and is starting to destabilize. I have been advised by country social workers to surrender her to the system but they can not promise that she would be safe or get treatment. Does anyone have any advice?

Did the onset of symptoms coincide with the onset of regular medication of some sort?
There are sleep meds which can induce what you call parasleep and violent behavior f.e.
Just wondering because I've never heard of conversion disorder like you describe it here.
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post