Our partner

My story with CD

Conversion Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My story with CD

Postby Lunbec » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 am

I had non-epileptic seizures for three years, starting when I was 16. They would last anywhere from one hour to three hours. I would be convulsing but totally aware of my surroundings and able to interact with the people staring at me. I was hospitalized after two months of seizures (three a week) and the doctor told me I had a conversion disorder. All the blood work ups, EEGs, and MRIs came back normal, showing no signs of an epileptic seizure.
I went to a CBT, a psychologist, and a psychiatrist, and nothing was helping my seizures go away. I started taking ativan (3 mg a day) but it didn't help.
I went to college and still had seizures. My neuro-endocrinologist decided to put me on lamictal which did help my seizures. The number of seizures a week decreased to one every 1 to 2 weeks. Then I went to the E.R. for a really bad stomach ache.
The doctor ordered an ultrasound, and it turned out that I had a dermoid cyst on my ovary. I had immediate surgery to get it removed. Since the surgery, I have had one seizure. I've been seizure free for two years.
I guess the point of my story was that sometimes C.D. can be misdiagnosed. In my case it sure was. :)
Lunbec
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My story with CD

Postby Cate68 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm glad that you are better. This is a great story that can give others hope. :)
One of the greatest blasphemies is the taking of one's freedom of thought, dictating matters of the heart and the theft of another's personal peace.

Everyday I live is an act of rebellion.

Maverick-a dissenter, an artist
Cate68
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:29 am
Blog: View Blog (266)

Return to Conversion Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post