Our partner

Missed opportunities to make progress in life?

Conduct Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Missed opportunities to make progress in life?

Postby for » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 pm

I AM about to turn 26 AND NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO ATTEND COURSES AND HAVE BOOKS OF MY OWN, NEVER HAD THE POSSIBILITY TO BUY THEM SINCE i hHAD NO MONEY AND WORKED SO HARD TO EARN MONEY SINCE I LIVE IN A VERY POOR COUNTRY AN DPOSSIBILITIES ARE LIMITED WHEN YOU HAVE NO CONNECTIONS. iS IT REALLY LATE TO START LEARNING FROM INTERNET SINCE I ALWAYS SUFFERD FOR NOT HAVING BOOKS AND SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE MEDITATING AND OVERTHINKING. It may sound ridiulous but i always suffered for that and startet to feel old, since everyone took me for a genius and I've been through a severe depression which lasted 6 years.
ANY ADVICE
for
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Missed opportunities to make progress in life?

Postby indecompulsive » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I can completely relate to the feelings you're having. I paid for my intial schooling out of pocket and student loans and could have even gotten a scholarship to a university. Drugs, alcohol and legal troubles got in the way and led to a downward spiral. I am now 25 and I am wondering if I can find a way to turn it around. I know we are both young and anything is possible, but that can be hard to hear sometimes.

Where is it that you live? When I was in school I helped run a program that sent textbooks to poorer nations so that those who wanted it could be educated. Have you looked into anything like that? Or why not take an online degree program? Also, many universities offer scholarships for different ethnic groups or under privileged people who are driven and intelligent. There are many avenues out there to help people just like you, because the world needs as many educated people as possible and we are blessed in the age to have access to almost all of this information online.

Please feel free to message me privately as well. I have some textbooks that I kept because I enjoyed re-reading them but I would love to send them to you as I think you would appreciate them more. Good luck to you.
indecompulsive
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Conduct Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post