Our partner

Pretending to be someone else online

Conduct Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Pretending to be someone else online

Postby Reille » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:50 am

Hi Guys,
I dont know how to determine my problem, I am a 42 years old mother of 2 daughters ages 22 and 17. it started when my oldest daughter was 16 years old. My husband was already working overseas then, I created a fake Friendster account of my daughter and pretended to be her. I enjoyed chatting and talking to guys so much younger than me and eventually went to online gaming. I exploited my daughter. I used her so i can talk to guys online. I enjoyed playing online games so much I neglected my family. My biggest regret was the mistake I did to my eldest daughter, I somehow exploited her and used her so i can continue pretending to be her. Do I have a sickness? My husband already found out what i did, and he forgave me but I still feel this discontentment inside me. I am not depress or I dont know , I just feel like I regret so many things in my life. I feel like want to travel , meet new people or new romance and leave everything behind. My husband is quite responsible and a wonderful father to my kids but i dont know what is wrong with me. Ever since Im younger. , i feel like im always alone and needing someone always beside me. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me? why im not happy? until now i still like playing games and Im pretending and chatting with a guy in his 20's and I cant somehow make myself stop even though I know it is wrong and being unfair to the guy.
Reille
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pretending to be someone else online

Postby Chainsaw » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Reille wrote:Hi Guys,
I dont know how to determine my problem, I am a 42 years old mother of 2 daughters ages 22 and 17. it started when my oldest daughter was 16 years old. My husband was already working overseas then, I created a fake Friendster account of my daughter and pretended to be her. I enjoyed chatting and talking to guys so much younger than me and eventually went to online gaming. I exploited my daughter. I used her so i can talk to guys online. I enjoyed playing online games so much I neglected my family. My biggest regret was the mistake I did to my eldest daughter, I somehow exploited her and used her so i can continue pretending to be her. Do I have a sickness? My husband already found out what i did, and he forgave me but I still feel this discontentment inside me. I am not depress or I dont know , I just feel like I regret so many things in my life. I feel like want to travel , meet new people or new romance and leave everything behind. My husband is quite responsible and a wonderful father to my kids but i dont know what is wrong with me. Ever since Im younger. , i feel like im always alone and needing someone always beside me. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me? why im not happy? until now i still like playing games and Im pretending and chatting with a guy in his 20's and I cant somehow make myself stop even though I know it is wrong and being unfair to the guy.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with you and nobody here can tell you. I was wondering why you are posting on the conduct disorder forum and not the antisocial personality disorder forum. But beside that, it's a good thing that you regret the things that you are doing. Try to find the reason for it and fix it or go to a psychologist when you think that you need that.
apsd/bpd, anhedonia
Chainsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Return to Conduct Disorder Forum