Our partner

10 year-old girl thinks it's funny to hurt animals *trigger*

Conduct Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

10 year-old girl thinks it's funny to hurt animals *trigger*

Postby Natty9 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 am

Is this a wild phase girls that age go through or is this something alarming? The reason I'm asking is because I knew at that age that was wrong. The only thing I've even done is take a bug's wing when I was 5 out of curiosity but afterwards felt bad. I'm sure at the age of 10, you should already know better.

My neighbor kid is a 10 year-old girl who does that. But thing is she does this and smiles. I'm not talking about simply bug curiosity or maybe stepping on ants but doing it on purpose to other living things because you think it's funny.

I've seen her run over a frog, killing it with her bike (then laughing afterwards), throwing cold water and ice cubes at a cat and recently tried to bury an injured pigeon alive but I stopped her and call the vet.

What she told me sounded kind of creepy. She said something like ''It wouldn't have felt anything, it was already too injured'' and was smiling again.
Natty9
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 10 year-old girl thinks it's funny to hurt animals *trigger*

Postby Mr.M » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 am

Hmmm not sure....

To me, from what you describe it may be a concern but not necessarily so. At worst, animal abuse is recognised as early signs of of dangerous personality disorder,(there are many more components ofcourse) At best, hey some people end up been knockers, knackermen and pest control and if the job needs doing "normal" people pay them to do it. I guess also the type of animal comes into play. For me I have no problem killing a fly but killing a dog say, I personally couldn't do and think it is cruel.

The flip side is some people are more cruel than others, and can deal with animal abuse more easily, heck I eat meat and grew up on a farm. Shooting stuff was and is normal to farmers, I took no pleasure in it but there are those that do, heck it is a recognised past-time.

Is there anything else which is disturbing in her behavior? Is it just frogs or anything else that could, in law be perceived as animal cruelty? If she is killing dogs and cats say it might be social worker time.
Mr.M
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 am

Postby VioletNon » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:08 pm

I don't know . . . I'm not a psychiatrist or therapist, but it sounds pretty abnormal.

My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with conduct disorder in his teens for acting crazy and for setting his dad's house onfire.

He has narcisistic personality disorder and is now 27. Not long ago he was so agitated that he said his only way to feel relief would be to microwave his pet rat to death. Taking delight in and wanting to torture animals to death is not normal IMO.
VioletNon
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:27 am

Postby Nyyx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 pm

None of her behaviour can be viewed as normal by that age.
Although as its your neighbours kid I don't really know what you can do.
And is it possible that this behaviour is indicative of something going on at home.
I would tread very carefully, people are funny about their children.
I Don't Care What You Think of Me, I Don't Think of You at All.
CoCo Chanel
Nyyx
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 am
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby FecitiousTimes101 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:32 pm

I am someone who has CD, SPD, and NSP, what this girl is doing is something that I have done as a child as well. Hurting or killing animals for her might be funny and so it is to me, this could be early signs of CD or SPD. SPD being Sadistic Personality Disorder, you get joy and pleasure from hurting others. CD or Conduct Disorder is a child or adolescent diagnosis that may turn to ASPD as an adult. Killing or hurting animals is also an early sign of CD. If you want to do something you could tell her parents, but that's about it, it's not your child so you can't get her the help for early treatment.
FecitiousTimes101
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:27 am

Return to Conduct Disorder Forum