Our partner

Turning aggression inward

Conduct Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Turning aggression inward

Postby beneficii » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 am

Hi, I'm an adult who was diagnosed with childhood-onset conduct disorder by age 9, in addition to pervasive developmental disorder (under the DSM-III) and ADHD. I've always had a problem with aggression, but I think since becoming an adult I've turned that aggression inward, engaging in self-harm to provide an outlet for my anger. How have other people handled this?
Diagnoses: ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, bipolar disorder NOS
Medications:
    900 mg/day lithium
    3 mg/day Invega
    100 mg/day Wellbutrin
beneficii
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Turning aggression inward

Postby DancingPuppets » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:11 am

Sport, sport, sport, in your case a sport that takes all of your aggresion out would be nice, like boxing etc. But you have to be consistent of course. If that doesn't help, then you should talk to a profesional, good luck!
DancingPuppets
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 am

Postby beneficii » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:56 pm

DancingPuppets wrote:Sport, sport, sport, in your case a sport that takes all of your aggresion out would be nice, like boxing etc. But you have to be consistent of course. If that doesn't help, then you should talk to a profesional, good luck!

Thanks. That sounds like a plan. :)
Diagnoses: ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, bipolar disorder NOS
Medications:
    900 mg/day lithium
    3 mg/day Invega
    100 mg/day Wellbutrin
beneficii
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Postby MrGamma » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 am

Are you female? That sounds like BPD.

Your aggression may potentially be a reaction rather than a deep primal urge. Do you find yourself wanting to lash out in defense?

Yeah, well if that is the case then the people around you, or whatever is influencing your environment is beating you up.

If you think this is incorrect, then fine, but if I were you, I'd get the aggression out and play some light sports or do something other than fester.

Is that Avatar representative of who you are? Paralyzed in bed because of all the crap happening around you?

Then yeah, you need to change your environment, it really isn't your fault. What are doctors going to do for you other than prescribe you with mood nullifying neuroleptics which sedate you to the point of being unable to react to anything anymore.
"I feel a pathological envy for anyone with such a big brain" - Big Bird
MrGamma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 am

Return to Conduct Disorder Forum