Our partner

My brother is a liar and manipulator. Can someone help?

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

My brother is a liar and manipulator. Can someone help?

Postby tryharder229 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 am

Hi I am wondering if I can get some help. My brother has always lied to some extent.He sometimes asks for money and after he forgets about it and acts like i never gave him those money. If I say NO he rings my parents with stories and I am always an awful person just give him what he wants he will pay it back . He lies, he's selfish, he uses me, he's irresponsible, borrows money all the time, asks for favors all the time, and now that i tell him NO MORE, he gets angry and goes ape $#%^.

Please help.
tryharder229
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My brother is a liar and manipulator. Can someone help?

Postby NewSunRising » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 am

Welcome Tryharder229 ,

I'm sorry you are dealing with this . It's a difficult situation . Some people are users . They will take all you have to give and keep asking for more . All you can do is say No . What they do afterwards or what lies they tell is not something you can control . You can only control your own actions .

You might find that it's just best to stay away from people like this . It's much harder when it's family but it's your life and you must decide whether or not it's healthy to have him be part of it .

We have the power to decide who can be in our lives . We have the right to say No and we have the right to stay away from people who hurt us , even if they are family .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post