Our partner

Moving beyond lying

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Moving beyond lying

Postby forus1234 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello. I am somewhat new to the forum.

I have been an on and off liar for many years. I have seen it as an annoying habit. I'm never trying to hurt anyone, just sometimes stories get embellished, usually to make someone else feel better. Recently, I found myself at it again. I lied to someone that my son had died of an overdose. I don't have sons. I have daughters. At the time, I just wanted the person I was talking to, who HAD lost her son, to feel how much I was really sorry for her. Suddenly I was telling her my own version of the story, just to make her feel better.

Here is my question for people. I have a friend who had an eating disorder earlier in her life, when she was in her 20s. Now, in her late 50s, it's truly not an issue for her at all. She has a very healthy relationship with her body and with food. She might eat one piece too many of Halloween candy, but she doesn't beat herself up about it. And this is no longer an issue in her life.

Are there people who have experienced this with lying? I'm fed up with myself. I feel like it's an old habit of the past, and then suddenly I've told a crazy lie and I want to go curl up in a hole. I am curious wether others have been able to make this aspect of their lives truly a thing of the past.

Thanks, FU1
forus1234
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post