Our partner

Admitting My Compulsive Lying

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Admitting My Compulsive Lying

Postby DimpleMole » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Lin I'm 20 and recently have admitted to my mom of my compulsive lying, she knew before about how I constantly lied to everyone about everything, even little things, but I stopped doing it to my parents, and there was a period of time where I didn't lie at all, but recently I started lying again, more and more, mainly to online friends, At first it was just to my online friends but I lied to my professor and my classmates about so much, It just came out without me realizing it and I dont know what to do, I think Im going to seek a therapists, I have gone to therapy before for other mental health issues, But i even kept my lying from my therapists, its just gotten to bad I have started to believe my own lies and even confuse reality and fantasy. I don't know if I should admit to any of my online friends or anyone about the lies I've told, and just not lie anymore, or just cut them off completely and start fresh????? There are some friends that I wish I could stay friends with but honestly, I don't think i have the courage to ever admit to my lies because some have to do with my racial identity etc, things that are me not just things that happen.

Thanks.
DimpleMole
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Admitting My Compulsive Lying

Postby willyg » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:21 am

My two cents I would say the more you dump out or confess or clearer your conscience will be and the better you will feel about yourself. Also less chance you will have of running into somebody who you have to remember oh what did I tell them and are they going to catch me in a lie. That makes life miserable. Think about that and about as much as you can. Good luck
willyg
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post