Our partner

Fake Profiles

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Fake Profiles

Postby icyblastt » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 am

Has anyone else created fake profiles for websites?

Ever since I was in elementary school, I've been making fake profiles for e v e r y t h i n g. Facebook, Forums, Dating sites, other social media, etc. Even in online games, I give out wrong info about myself. I don't know what it is that makes pretending to be someone else so exciting, but it is. It really, really is. All the work and planning that goes into making your fake persona, making sure it's believable, and then putting it into action, and seeing how you're fooling everyone. It's not even to be mean. I'm not necessarily trolling or anything, just pretending I'm someone else. And I don't catfish either (at least not anymore). It's mostly just discussions. Sharing experiences I don't have, asking for advice I don't need, talking to people who think I'm someone else.

After I get my fix though, it's all shame. I end up completely ghosting everyone I talked to on my fake accounts or I'll outright delete it without warning or explanations. I tell myself It's never going to happen again. But it does. Every time. I don't do it that often, maybe like once a year or so. But I still do it. And it's shameful. I'm disgusted with myself every time. It's completely immature and unhealthy. I know that. But the need is so strong when it hits, that's all I can think about, and so I do it again.

Does anyone else have (or has had) this problem?
icyblastt
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Fake Profiles

Postby HislilPrincess » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Have you ever considered that who you really are is not near as interesting as the people you pretend to be ? I knew someone who also has this issue and bc I felt so stupid about falling for all the lies I ended the relationship. It's all fun and games until you get caught by the people that trusted you, personally it would never be worth it for me to maintain a fake profile, I'm not such a great liar and even if I did maintain it for whatever reason I would eventually become bored with faking out.

I think it is very deplorable to fake out with people who trust you, in the end it isn't worth the consequences. You must k ow when it's happening how much you would hurt this person if they found out. Trust is completely broken, everything said by you moving forward would be questioned, the relationship is damaged , people are hurt and you just might up with the #######5 end of the stick.

Maybe you could be upfront if you ever have this urge again, who knows perhaps people will enjoy and come to love who you really are.

Lastly, love yourself enough to be real, bc fake profiles scream " I hate myself " I'm not good enough, not interesting enough etc. People can love the real you rather than someone you are not. Best of luck, I hope you can get help for this horrible invasive addiction.
HislilPrincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:22 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum