Our partner

Literally. I never lie.

Compulsive Lying message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: NewSunRising

Literally. I never lie.

Postby TheWhittier » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:11 pm

I am not a compulsive liar, but I am posting this here to get one thought out.

How can a compulsive liar exist? I see this and it as a small issue. Of course, there are big burly men and women with high hopes and dreams, who take down bad folks, and they'll give you stories about compulsive liars they've met. They'll even judge compulsive liars. I don't think, unless you are mentally handicapped and can not figure out what is true about yourself and not true, that compulsive lying exists. You either have an idea and spread truth about it or you choose not to. The choosing not to should not be considered a disease. That's personality. It's not compulsive lying, it's making sense of something in a different way, or an evasion of judgment. Either way, I am satisfied with not lying, because it gives me a feeling of moral superiority. This is not a troll post. I just have these ideas to spitball and sometimes when people are overly accusatory and trying to make you out to be a liar, the people in question need to be questioned themselves.
TheWhittier
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Literally. I never lie.

Postby pleasnpetrichor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:57 am

TheWhittier wrote:I am not a compulsive liar.

Me neither. I never lie. Either.

This is not a troll post.

I am not laughing at you.
pleasnpetrichor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 am

Re: Literally. I never lie.

Postby HislilPrincess » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 pm

TheWhittier wrote:I am not a compulsive liar, but I am posting this here to get one thought out.

How can a compulsive liar exist? I see this and it as a small issue. Of course, there are big burly men and women with high hopes and dreams, who take down bad folks, and they'll give you stories about compulsive liars they've met. They'll even judge compulsive liars. I don't think, unless you are mentally handicapped and can not figure out what is true about yourself and not true, that compulsive lying exists. You either have an idea and spread truth about it or you choose not to. The choosing not to should not be considered a disease. That's personality. It's not compulsive lying, it's making sense of something in a different way, or an evasion of judgment. Either way, I am satisfied with not lying, because it gives me a feeling of moral superiority. This is not a troll post. I just have these ideas to spitball and sometimes when people are overly accusatory and trying to make you out to be a liar, the people in question need to be questioned themselves.

Compulsive liars do exist, I know this first hand bc I have been in company with people who lie about everything and everyone. I don't believe there is such a thing as a person who doesn't lie, EVERYONE LIES at some point in life, yes even you.

That said I have a lil story to share. First I don't consider myself a liar. Have I lied, oh yes many times throughout life, mostly small white lies however I lied about big things also. Do I base my life on lies, absolutely not. When you live in a small town ( which I LOVE btw) you can't get away with lies, everyone knows you so therefore the truth is always better. However online is different, for safety reasons It is better to lie about personal stuff. Name, location, employment , lifestyle etc. The web is filled with people who are searching for vulnerable people who they can scam etc, so therefore lying in this case in my mind is totally acceptable and responsible. We can't Judge people based on how they act or what they say online. The web is a deceitful place , can be dangerous and a place where evil resides. There are good people however if you haven't met them in reality or shared parts of your reality with them, you can't just jump in a virtual world and be trusting, it isn't a smart choice to make.

I was a late bloomer to the web so lets say I was naive about what was good/bad/right /wrong etc. I was given advice from day one. Don't trust strangers online. So what did I do, I gave them my face, my photo, my location ect, yep, personal information that could and did hurt me in the end. Instead of lying about the important stuff, I decided to lie about my life instead. I created stories I knew were lies when I said them, and in the beginning I didn't feel bad about it. As time passed I started to feel sad and bad about not sharing my real life online, but in the back of my mind I kept remembering the advice that was given to me by someone I trusted, don't share personal info about your real life online with strangers. Bc I was feeling shame at this point, I started to incorporate truth with lies, it got really messy and challenging as I was soon forgetting what I said. Like the old saying goes, if you always tell the truth you don't have anything to remember, that is a fact. I don't think we can judge ourselves as liars when speaking about the web, we can't compare apples to oranges. We can be whoever we want online, there is no real way unless you are stalking by manipulating other people to give you information about X. This happens also, it happened with me, I met someone who also befriended people I know in order to dig for info about me and my life. The problem with this is there are so few people who actually really know me, that info for the most part would have been either false or not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. At the end of the day lying online doesn't bring any real consequences so therefore lying is normal in a virtual world.

One last thing, something very strange I have done and can't explain it.

When people are sharing stories about themselves especially when they are not true it is common or normal to make themselves the hero, or the good guy, not the victim or bad guy. Perhaps they want people to believe the best about them rather than cast doubt or make themselves look bad with other people.

Well I'm the complete opposite , when I told people stories about myself online, I ALWAYS made myself the bad guy, the person that couldn't be trusted, the cheater, liar, the person who was mean and hateful. So I lied about myself in the most horrific ways, I made myself look really bad to those who don't know me, or those who are trying to figure me out. Why though? Why wouldn't I make myself the victim rather than the ugly one ? Why do I choose to make people believe horrible things about me that are simply NOT TRUE ? Is there anyone else out here who has had this kind of experience ? Why would I Intentionally spread false rumors about myself ? I shared this with one other person and was told I may have done it to see how I would be treated if these lies had been true. Or maybe I wanted to see how well others knew me, bc anyone who knows me well would automatically know they were lies and I wasn't this person I tried to make myself out to be. I'll give one example. I once told someone online that I cheated on every boyfriend I had, I was currently cheating on my partner. I honestly wanted to see if they would believe I was a good guy or bad guy. It was lies, yet they were so motivated to believe the bad of me they never once took it into consideration that this wasn't true. I wasn't a cheater and I didn't cheat on all my boyfriends, as a matter of fact I haven't cheated on any of my boyfriends. I did cheat on my first husband for various reasons that don't apply to any other relationships, once a cheater always a cheater is simply not true. Rather than say " I can't believe you are this kind of person and question what I said, they said " Don't worry, we all make mistakes "........I test people all the time, but still lying about myself could get myself into a lot of trouble still I choose it. Do I actually hate myself so much I choose to say bad things about me rather than good ? Please if you have done this , I want to hear your story so I don't feel so alone in my thinking, thanks.
HislilPrincess
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Return to Compulsive Lying Forum