Our partner

Unemployment blues

Open Discussions about Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Unemployment blues

Postby Steve234 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:38 am

Last edited by Steve234 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve234
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:31 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Unemployment blues

Postby SmallTalkRed » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi,
if you want me opinion, You are suffering from out of control PTSD.
I have it. It is scary.

You mentioned many things I can relate to, and I could not find help.

You are a trauma survivor. Accept the PTSD and you might get more help.
It is depression , avoidant, anxiety.
We have a Combat PTSD Forum also.
Men and women who serve their country should get the best of the best, on everything.
Here in the states there are 2 kinds of disabilty physical and mental (they call it SSI)
If you see a psych and they dx you as PTSD. And the psych so you should not work.(which
Do it today, dont put it off, combant ptsd should get you plenty of reason and you will get help.

I tried without meds, but I can not function , to many thoughts, to much anger, felt like NO ONE listened or heard me.
Use you strength, drive, anger to motivate you to get the PTSD under control, then the other things will fall in to place.

peace to you,
red

If you are American, then Thank you for serving out country.
SmallTalkRed
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Postby thepain » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 am

My heart goes out to ya. Your story reads like mine could have. I got out before i was supposed to graduate AIT, right before 9/11. Just the fact that you stuck with it so long and were deployed shows your strength.
thepain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Steve234 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Well it was my first major source of employment (I think I was only 3 months out of high school when I joined), before that I had just had a bunch of food / beverage type jobs. It was a mistake considering, upon much reflection, I pretty much had AvPD at the time (I didn't know what AvPD was, or social anxiety disorder).

I was a nervous wreck in basic training, the sleep deprivation and constantly being in a large room full of people was not a good combination. I had a panic attack (literally just paralyzed, sweating profusely) during grenade drills (only other time that I can recall having something similar happenening to me is when I took the ACTs, which I think is partially due to the fact that I had to take it in a huge auditorium full of people.

For example, I had two accidental discharges (blanks of course) during the two week field exercise at the end of training, and yet I still made it through. Seriously, what the hell lol.

By the time I got out of basic training I was seeing an army psychiatrist regularly, and was up to 40mg of Paroxetine.
Steve234
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Steve234 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 am

Steve234
Consumer 6
Consumer 6