Our partner

Prisoner of War (Trigger Warning)

Open Discussions about Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Re: Prisoner of War (Trigger Warning)

Postby SaharaSon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:33 am

Part 11. So once again, after this trauma, we settled back into the daily grind of existing in a mind numbing kind of surrealness. Only now, we have the fresh and terrorizing realization of how truely vunerable we were to the forces who have gained control the country. We whiled away the hours, and then the days, which seemingly went on on forever. We tried to distract ourselves with card games, gambling that they would distract us from fear. At least we had some food which we rationed to stretch for however long they would last. Still the executions continued periodicly, but the general gunfire dissipated slowly, day by day. Until we went several days without gunfire. Something was changing. :cry:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby SaharaSon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:56 am

Part 12. After three weeks even the sound of executions dissipated. The sound of Army patrols going by stopped. There was just dead quite. We were still terrorized from the last three weeks. We were numb and fatiqued. At some point, we started hearing what appeared to be a few regular vehicles on the roads. We took a chance and went out of the house to see what was going on. It looked like things had stabilized enough for the general population to begin to circulate. The fighting of the Revolution was over. The new Junta was a hard line anti-Western Nationalistic Islamic Republic. :cry:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SaharaSon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Part 13. With this kind of a Junta, society never returned to a stable state. There is something about these kind of ideological states that never allow true peace and quiet. They seem to thrive on instability. There is never any stability underneath your feet. Always unstable, particularly an anti -American, anti-Western radical Islamic state. They hated us, and we sure as h*ll felt it. I know what it feels to be a Jew (which I am) in pre-war Nazi Germany. We had the exact same feeling. Clearly, it was not safe for us anymore. That is to say, it continued to be dangerous. After a couple of months, we left. :cry:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SaharaSon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Part 13. It is said by some that civilians do not suffer from Combat PTSD because they are not in an "official" military. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is not that one is wearing a uniform, or has more training, or has the fortuitous luxury to have a weapon to defend oneself in an active, combat zone that is the determining factor. Rather, it is whether or not, as a civilian, or as military, you are being targeted by an enemy. People are targeted because they are a perceived theat or potential threat to an enemy. That is why they are targeted in an active combat zone. It can be a direct military theat, active support of a military threat, or national, or religious or ideological support of one armed force over the other in an active, combat zone. Millions and millions of civilians who have been caught in active, combat zones have been killed, wounded, imprisioned and have Combat PTSD because they were targeted by a military force. Targeting is what is important. :cry:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SaharaSon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Part 14. Under the Geneva Convention anyone who provides support for "combatants", for all intents and purposes, is considered a combatant as well. My dad was a USN Commander. As his son, I provided logistical and tactical support for my dad. We were considered enemies by the junta, as the US and the US military were supporting Israel. Under the rules of war established by the Geneva Convention my dad and I were entitled to humane treatment as "combatant" prisioners of war, in this case revolutionary war. Technically, my dad was military, I was civilian, but under the Geneva Convention we were both combatants. A rose by any other name is still a rose. :cry:
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby SaharaSon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 am

I do not understand this website for PTSD suffers. Almost 1000 views and no member support posts. I am checking out of this website, and I will not be returning. It is not helping me. God bless anyone who is getting any feedback on psychforums. Shalom.
SaharaSon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby realityhere » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Your story is a hard one to digest in one long read, but I have read the excerpts over time. Over a thousand views means a good post actually, but it may be that ppl don't know what to say after reading such a story of imprisonment and trauma. That's not to say that readers are ignoring your posts, they may actually be learning something of value from your story even though no one has commented on it.

I hope you and your family are now safe and in a country that will give you some refuge from the horrors of what you have experienced as a young person. Such trauma makes a child grow up too fast and concerned about the safety of his world. I wish you and your family a healing journey.
AWAY from mod duties, please contact another moderator.
realityhere
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Previous

Return to Combat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder